Chapter 2 - Diana: The Dancer from Siodonna

"How?! How can I forget that wench?!" Claude slammed his fist against the desk. The rumble echoed all over the library. It has been a month since Diana passed away from childbirth.

The night the princess was born, blinded by the rage of losing his love, Claude stormed the Ruby Palace and killed all the servants and lady-in-waiting serving Diana

The night the princess was born, blinded by the rage of losing his love, Claude stormed the Ruby Palace and killed all the servants and lady-in-waiting serving Diana. All except the ones who surrounded the infant princess Athanasia, even though they willingly offered the child like a lamb to a wolf, Claude spared her life for having the "Name of A King". This grim night has become known as the Ruby Palace Massacre. It is rumoured to be both a statement of the Emperor's love for Diana and his hatred towards their child. Since that night, the knights will hear the Emperor screaming and slamming things in his poorly lit library. It is as if he is running out of time, Claude would always lock himself in his study when evening comes, and would only come out at dawn to fulfill his royal duties...

"MISS GET UP!" A woman's voice echoed in her ears. "Miss, do you need help?"

Diana struggled to open her eyes. The bright sun is blinding her, and her whole body feels so heavy. "Here let me help you up." Unable to fully open her eyes, she saw a silhouette of a woman holding her hand out while assisting her back.

"HURRY UP! I DON'T GOT ALL DAY TO WAIT ON YOU LADIES!" the man from across the field grunted.

"We are working on it! JEEZ! Be patient now will you?!" The woman retorted. "Miss, we do need to hurry. We are on his farm." She snarled at the old man. Diana's arms hover in the air as if looking for something to help her up. The woman grabbed her hand and gently helped her on her feet. "Miss it seems you're unwell. Let's get you to the doctor right away."

Dizzy and confused Diana relied on the woman assisting her. With narrow eyes, she can only see the silhouette of the flower field around her and the lady who was helping her walk. After a few more minutes, she finally heard people around her. The woman asked for a man to carry Diana to the doctor. He hesitated a little before gently lifting her on his arms.

"I am sorry Miss, she said you need assistance. I will bring you to the doctor's house right away."

Still in a daze, Diana could only nod to consent.

When they reached the doctor's house, the man placed her on the bed. The comfort relaxed her tense muscles and slowly she fell asleep...

"My Queen... When our child is born I will offer her the world." Claude spoke to her lovingly.

Under the moonlit room the young couple stood at the end of the bed wrapped in each other's warm embrace.

"This child does not need the world. All she'll ever need is us." she pulled back to touch his face before moving her head against his.

"She huh.... I will dote on our little girl."

She let out a chuckle. "I assume she's a girl. A gorgeous girl."