7- Clinched it!

~Joshua~

~Joshua~

The woman that stood before Joshua was much more daring than he had thought. One thing that bothered him was that he hadn't seen her waver, not even once.

           "Consider it a dare if you're all that," she sneered with radiant eyes, not looking away from Joshua for even a moment.

She was getting on his nerves as he quarreled himself.

What made him come all the way?

Joshua would never let anyone walk over him. He was conflicted, though curious.

           "What contract?" He hissed at her, squinting his eyes.

           "You see I have to choose a celebrity for total coverage and I want you to be the one I cover. That way you can prove me wrong on my theory about your personality," she ranted and ranted.

He was more taken aback by her sheer audacity to stand before him and try to negotiate. He wanted to laugh at himself. She was taking him very lightly.

           "I decline," he snapped without giving it a second thought. "Take that garbage you wrote down," trying to have the final words he turned around, ready to leave.

He had only taken a few steps forward when he heard her snicker behind him.

           "Are you scared?" Her mocking voice rang in the void of his head, the blood in his veins might just burst out at this moment. He turned around ever so slowly.

How dare she say that!?

Joshua was the kind of person no one wanted to mess with and yet this woman just tried coming onto him more eagerly with each sentence that was uttered from her mouth.

           "You're telling me to take it down but it doesn't affect you. Are you declining the coverage because you're scared people might see the real you? The 'you' that's way worse than what everyone had imagined?" She was enunciating but he could only notice her deriding posture.

Joshua once again stepped closer to her. His intimidating aura was no longer working, it was almost driving him crazy. Should he just accept this coverage? If that's the only way he could prove how unbothered he was.

           "Fine. Suit yourself. And I hope you don't run away," Joshua hinted a hard time for her.

But the minute he spoke those words, it hit him like a storm. Something made sense to him that very moment, but the moment of decision had been long gone.

She was manipulating him.

'Did I fall into her trap? I am for sure being set up' He thought to himself.

And then he made another decision. He decided to make her regret ever bargaining with him. Joshua decided to be a bad project.

~Valarie~