17- Caelum

~Meredith~

~Meredith~

It was all too dull

All too calm

Tiny tremors across pale skin

Gentle fingers on a sharpened ring

A hasty breath hitched into her throat at the sight

The hues on the sky above bled into one.

Isn't the sky the most extraordinary thing to exist?

It is the same everywhere in all the universes.

Something so common amongst uncommon worlds.

It blends too well with apathetic feelings.

Altering constantly to never repeat a pattern.

Exotic.

Meredith leaned against the wall on the very top of a skyscraper. They know too well and they've seen too much of it to find it incredible. Why do they gaze at the sky only when things become a complicated cluster in their heads? Why do they look for salvation in something they cannot trust because of its changing course? She thought.

This is one reason Meredith thought humans were idiots. They were too stupid to see beyond the horizon. Too blind to be able to.

It made her feel superior to them so she danced amongst the crowd that looked at her skeptically. She made them powerful and powerless. She danced to a rhythm that belonged to her.

In the silence of the chasm that served the air, her eyes dwindled at the sight of the man who declared war against her without knowing it. He held the one obstacle he was supposed to withstand to his chest. She felt a thriving heat in her core and felt the color of her skin change just like that sky she adored.

An overly reddish tint spread across her cheeks with her resentment rising to her forehead from her toes.

Meredith took a calm breath to cool her head and told herself that nothing can change what she has created.

The years passed like a slowly building tornado for her. Counting seconds from when she felt the reigns of this man in the hold of her palm.

She glanced at the blue string emerging from the center of it with vivid letters shining underneath. The letters that made an identity. Joshua Kim.

Her eyes followed the string that met Joshua's arm. She could see it because it binds them. But can such ordinary eyes understand the true meaning of what it means? Of what destruction it holds?

Yes, it is all in my power. She told herself over and over. It was disgusting enough to acknowledge that she needed reassurance.

The man that she saw was one she had created. She gave him what he desired the most. He cannot betray her.