11- Two birds, one stone.

~Valarie~

~Valarie~

Sleep was something that stayed miles away from me last night. No matter the number of times I tossed and turned over, trying to get all the pent-up thoughts out of my head, just to stop thinking about anything in general.

When I start thinking, just about anything, I can't seem to stop. And because of that HUGE inconvenience, I am still yawing and I have larger eye bags than the eyes on my face.

My very first meetup as a journalist with Mr. Kim inched closer and closer and my anxiety increased by a volume.

There's a lot I'd have to do for this coverage. Fact-checking is hard with little to zero resources, I already got that part 'not' covered.

Why did he have to make this so hard? He's like a mysterious project. Like something inside a box, the box has a lock on it and I don't have the keys to open it. Not for now at least.

I sat on the edge of my bed as my eyes lingered over the round, simple clock on the wall.

11 am, it's already this late, Good thing I don't have to go to the office today, I thought.

Kier contacted me last night, changing the time of our appointment to 6 pm. I panicked the instant he said that. And it's not working out great either.

I took my journal out and kept it on the small portable desk on my bed. I've always dreamt about doing this. Planning interviews, taking notes, actually going on different sites to observe and write. Now that I'm doing this, it's not all rainbows and unicorns. I might just be going through a harder first time than most others.

I huffed and leaned back Into the headboard of my uncomfortable bed, slowly slipping further down onto the mattress. My eyes were glued to the ceiling. I wanted to stare up at the sky and breathe as my life depends on it.

This is not the time to be slacking off. I thought as I sat upright once I made a decision. The first thing I'll do is get enough accurate insight into his business. Like how they started and how it got to where it is today. Small elements and key points. I think most people had several articles written on Gemstone Empire and nothing would be new if I dig in.

However, to understand him better, I need to learn all about it to write better. If I don't understand what he does and how it's done, how would I even gain his trust? Trust is an important aspect of total coverage. Our magazine has never covered such a huge celebrity before. We never got a chance to, and this one is no less than a miracle. No one's gonna believe it's cause of my manipulative skills.

But then again, Gemstone Empire doesn't need any more popularity. I'm still going to start with the very basics.

It was 4:30 by the time I was done organizing my thoughts and coming up with something. The instant my eyes fell on the time, everything was nothing but chaos.