Chapter 4 not a bad son

"Why do you want to leave me Samuel ?!"

My mother, like always had one of her outbreaks, screaming and crying her like a madman.

Koni hide under my covers, scared of the loud noises.

We stood there in the living room, well I was standing my mother hysterically crying on the couch.

"Mother please listen to me, it's just for a year and-and I will call you all the time please. When will I ever get another chance to be accepted into one of the best law firms in the entire states !"

"But ...but I don't want that Samuel Mommy is here and-and, and Koni! Yes Koni is also here, he will miss you so much! Do you want to leave Koni ?He would also feel abandoned!"

You see what I mean....

This woman was manipulating me for so long and I can't take it anymore.

I was actually going to bring Koni with me. The Company was so friendly to get me an apartment 10 minutes away from them and I was allowed to bring him with me.

I know mom is going to cry again, making a big fuss out of it. Something like:"you can bring the cat with you, but not your own mother." She's been treating me like a 12 year old even tho more than 10 years went by.

Some people would say I should be grateful for having a mother that actually cared and loved me so much, but for me it was the absolute hell.

I wanted freedom!

I would kind of understand, if I was a girl.

I mean I am a big feminist and I know woman are very strong and independent, but letting your daughter stay alone in a big city could be very challenging and scary.

Not to mention all the disgusting men or people in general that are there. But I was a 5'10, 22 years old guy. I might look weak but I hit the gym quit often.

Well... I don't really have friends and as much as I love Koni, I get bored too. Going to the gym was a nice way of passing the day and I get to have a nice body on top of it.

(Sadly nobody has ever seen it until now)

"Samuel... YOU ARE SUCH A BAD SON!"

That sentence triggered something in me.

That's it ! I had enough. I was everything but certainly NOT a bad son !

„I HAD ENOUGH!" I yelled. I in all my 22 years of life, never once screamed at my mother. Her eyes widened and her mouth hung open in shook.

„YOU !" I shouted pointing my finger at her.

„YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS TO SAY THAT ! WHAT HAVE I EVER DONE WRONG!?"

"WAS IT ME WANTING TO BECOME AN ARTIST, PURSUING MY DREAMS , OR WAS IT BECAUSE I GAVE UP THAT DREAM TO BECOME A FUC-„

„LANGUAGE !" she screamed

„NO YOU WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE ! I GAVE UP MY DREAM FOR YOU ! AND NOW THAT I WANT TO DO SOMETHING WITH THAT JOB YOU FORCEFULLY GAVE TO ME YOU DONT WANT ME TO GO ?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU !?!?!?!"

I started coughing,my throat hurting since I never screamed that loud, but it was nice to finally let everything out.

I looked at my mother. She was sitting on the couch eyes glued to the floor and her hands trembling.

I felt bad but the feeling of letting everything out was so satisfying, that I just walked out and ran into my room.

I locked the door (something she hates) und snuggled under my covers.

Koni was shaking.

I guess he was shocked hearing me scream so loud.

"Hey baby ... daddy's sorry for screaming so loud."His little head poked out and he slowly approached me. After landing on my chest I heard little soft purring.

"Thank you Koni.. thank you for being there" I kissing his little head.

After petting him for a few minutes and giving him a lot of kisses I called it a day and closed my eyes.

———————-

Good night little Koni and Sam
( if you struggle to know how to pronounce Koni it's (K-oo-ni so a longer o and the rest ist quick/ if you know the anime How to keep a mummy you know who I mean)