Chapter 7 - Kura - Antrinita's Entrance

The feeling felt odd to Kura. It was odd since they first came to Bleidin. The sensation was similar to having a sense of clarity towards something. Like after washing one's face in a cool stream. The feeling of freshness and awakeness was what Kura was feeling.

More specifically, she felt a connection to the earth. Occasionally, she would notice that a random tree, acres away from her was losing some of its leaves. Then she would take note of a shoot first lifting its bud out of the soil.

Kura had thought of speaking her thoughts to someone, maybe Cold, but the situation was never really right. Therefore, she tried to fathom the cause of her newfound power. Though, the only trigger she could think of was stepping foot on Bleidin.

When they arrived at Antrinita, however, everything became more intense for her. Kura felt something in the earth that seemed unnatural. She was not sure how to describe it, but something was off. What was it?

"So where to from here?" Cold asked. They had just returned from their little detour to Solla's blacksmith friend at the corners of Antrinita. Afterward, they walked for miles but did not find anyone who could give them any information. And the ones who did charge a costly fee. The only thing keeping their spirits up at this point was Cold's undying spirit.

"There should be something around here," Solla examined the map her friend had given her, "A palace."

"Could that be it?" Rayn pointed to something far away. It was a giant building, but unlike the one at Wintershold, this one had white walls and looked more majestic and beautiful.

"Yep," Solla replied, "Do we want to try it out or not?"

"Why you ask?" Kristen inquired.

"Because it's a palace," Solla explained, "People of high standards live there. Royalty, nobles. And it's widely known that Antrinitans aren't exactly the friendliest of people."

"Fair point, but maybe there's someone there who can help us. It's worth a shot, isn't it?" Cold suggested as Kura glanced at the ground. She could have sworn that something was not supposed to be where it is.

Crouching down, Kura tapped at the earth. Quickly, she learned that the material she had tapped was noisier than dirt. With a flick of her wrist, Kura willed the dirt to move and reveal what was under.

"What is it, Kura?" Cold asked, examining what she was doing.

"I have reason to believe that there is something here," she replied as she brushed away the little bits of dirt left on the object.

"What is that?" Cold asked again.

Kura moved her wrist upwards in hopes to have the object move accordingly, but it did not even budge. She then proceeded to find the corners of the object before lifting it manually.

"A trapdoor?" Solla said in surprise, "I've never seen one so large before!"

"What's a trapdoor?" Rayn asked as Kura scanned the interior. She couldn't see much, but Kura finally found the answer to her question.

"Are these tunnels?" Kura asked.

"Tunnels?" Cold peered down to take a look, "Where do they lead?"

Kura closed her eyes and asked a silent question, "Where do these tunnels lead?"

Immediately, an image formed in Kura's mind. She saw the area around her, the top layer of the ground turning transparent and showing Kura where the tunnels lead.

"Many places," Kura breathed, "but also the palace."

"I'll go check if there's anything we should worry about," Mel suggested as she flicked her wrist and a feather flew towards the building.