Chapter 1

Frivolous was not an adjective that could be applied to anything in Draco Malfoy's life. Everything he owned had a purpose, whether it was for business, pleasure, or simply a sign of wealth. This is why he refused to personalize his office. It was strictly a place for business, and anything that gave a glimpse into his personal life was unnecessary, and well... frivolous. This was one of many rules drilled into him at a young age.

"Stand up straight Draco, Malfoy's never slouch.

Nothing you wear out should ever be creased.

Do not mix business and pleasure.

Your education, and then the business should be your only priorities.

Friends are not real, they'll only like the idea of you. Your money, your power, your influence.

The only partners you should concern yourself with are our business partners.

Do not show weakness to others as they will exploit that to better themselves.

Don't smile with your teeth, it's far too welcoming and conveys false hope."

And so the list of commands went on, but it's not like the last one mattered anymore. Draco rarely ever found himself smiling as is.

It truly seemed like the world was against him on that fatal day when the artwork first began appearing in his office.

Don't get him wrong, Draco could appreciate fine art. He used to love it even, until his hopes and dreams were cruelly crushed by his father thrusting him into the world of business. With the threat of being disowned looming over him, Draco complied, but grew more bitter and reserved as the days passed. Now, the art world served as a cruel reminder of what could have been, and he was not having it.