Chapter 15

Draco was getting used to Harry's casual affection a lot quicker than he had anticipated. So much so that he was now looking forward to each brush of a hand, lingering glance, or warm hug. He was even beginning to initiate some of the contact himself. On the drive to Harry's childhood home for dinner with his family, Draco had laced their fingers together. He felt safe, grounded, and content. The contact also helped to calm his nerves.

"You know, you're the first boy I've brought home to my family."

"God Harry you're going to make me even more nervous."

"Relax Draco. This is just a friendly dinner with my parents. We're not getting married."

"Not yet", he replied before he could help himself.

"The one time I stop the flirting you pick up on it, huh?", Harry teased, squeezing Draco's hand. "They're going to love you, I know it."

"I've never brought a boy home either, you know. Well, I've never brought home anyone, but I'm gay so a female wouldn't matter anyway."

"I'm bisexual, but I've never had a boyfriend before. Apparently I skipped right to the husband stage", Harry flirted, a cheeky grin on his face.

"Oh that one was good. I've never had a serious boyfriend, so I suppose we're on even footing."

"It's nice to figure things out with you, together."

"You're too cute for your own good Potter."

"Says you Malfoy."

"I'm starting to think you only like me because I'm pretty."

"Eh, your personality is alright. We'll work on it."

"Harry!"

"You know I'm just teasing love."

"I won't be your love with that attitude."

"What if I take you out for ice cream?", Harry offered.

"Do you think you can buy my love with ice cream?"

"Of course not! You're very elegant, perhaps gelato?"

Draco giggled, and it slowly built up into a full on laugh.

"I can't even be fake annoyed with you."

"It's my charm, what I can say?", Harry asked with a laugh of his own, pulling up in front of the house.

"Do you think it'll be okay?", Draco asked quietly, looking out the window at the house.

"You'll be absolutely fine. I, on the other hand, will be facing lots of embarrassment."

"You don't know embarrassment until you've met my mother. She's been waiting for someone to come along for years."

"Well then, I'd love to meet her", Harry said warmly, opening the door for Draco.

"I'd like that."

"Welcome to the madness", Harry said, allowing Draco to step inside the home.

Harry rolled his eyes at the loud volume of Queen blasting through the house. It had just occurred to him that he wasn't sure if Draco knew he had two fathers. A tad too late now.

"Let me show you around!", Harry yelled to Draco.

Harry attempted to tour Draco around the first floor, but the music was just too loud. Bringing him into the kitchen, Harry turned the music down.

"Are you two done flirting now?", Harry teased.

"If you took any longer to get here we'd be snogging", Sirius teased, turning around and surprising Draco.