Chapter 23

Draco started their celebration off by pushing Harry onto the couch and snogging him.

"You said nothing about being decent on our couch", Draco argued.

Laughing, Harry pulled back and kissed Draco on the nose.

"Is this what you want Draco? I know you weren't very fond of what you were doing."

"When we first started talking, I really only told you the negative stuff. I love working with and being around people. I like to help them plan and manage their finances so that I can see their dreams come true. I didn't enjoy extra work being thrown at me when I did something 'wrong', being paraded around to entice people to sign on, or having to turn specific people away because they wouldn't make as big of a profit as my father wanted.

My contract states that I get to do more of what I want to do, and I can refuse without being penalized for it. I'm also allowed to refuse overtime and I get a shorter work week and more vacation days. I felt like I didn't deserve them at first, like if I took them I was wasting time.

You don't even realize how much you've helped me start to live again Harry. I never would've had the courage to stick up for myself like this, or even pick up a paint brush again. You did that for me."

"Draco, this was all your doing. You had it in you, all you needed was a little push is all. If you weren't capable of it, you wouldn't have been able to do it."

"You're perfect, did you know that?"

"So you keep telling me."

"Are you sure you want this Harry? I don't want you to feel forced into this, especially with your art career."

"I'm only working there part time, Draco it won't be forever. It's more money than any of my other jobs bring in for me, and it'll help me buy my studio. That's my long term goal. Plus, I get to see even more of your beautiful face every day."

"As if we don't live together already."

"I'll never get tired of hearing you say that. Speaking of, let's just choose our new home shall we?"

They finalized everything right before it was time to prepare for their dinner. Feeling giddy, Draco put on some music, and soon he and Harry were dancing around the bedroom.

"Let me queue the next song, it reminds me of you."

"That's romantic. I think?"

"I think so, Draco."

"When will the princess figure it out she ain't worth saving?
Heavy the head that bears the crown
Of my mistaken, apathy for sympathy"

Draco couldn't help but laugh, thinking of his father as the princess. His own head had been burdened by his apparent lack of interest that his father had taken advantage of.

"I was never good enough to be anything but remedy
To all of your constant pressing needs
And I never learned"

Harry had hit the nail on the head with this verse. Draco had been consistently taken advantage of his whole life, and he hadn't learned. Not until Harry stumbled his way into Draco's life.

"So, I painted a picture of the things I wanted most (Most)
To color in the darker side of all my brightest hopes (Hopes)
But there's a monster standing where you should be
So I'll paint you wings (I'll paint you wings)
Now I'll set you free (I'll set you free)"

Once he connected with Harry, Draco had painted for the first time in years, which was what he wanted. Painting made Draco happy and filled him with a new sense of hope. Draco was free to do what he wanted now. Harry had painted him wings and given him a chance.

"When will the princess figure it out she ain't worth saving?
When will the world get over all her misbehaving
Will we ever learn? (Learn, learn, learn)"

It took time, but Draco was learning.

"So I'll paint you wings (I'll paint you wings)
Now I'll set you free (I'll set you free)
(You can fly away)"

Draco did fly away, but he landed right with Harry, where he belonged.

"Harry, this is absolutely wonderful. You set me free."

"You did the same for me. You brought color back into my world, and everything is bright again."

Harry kissed Draco softly, a happy smile on his face when he pulled away.

"Are you ready to meet my mother officially tonight?"

"I am actually. She convinced you to come and meet me, and I'm thankful to her for that."

Dinner had gone so much better than Draco had expected. He was nervous at first for Harry to meet his mother, but she took an instant liking to Harry. Harry was charming and witty, typical Black behavior she declared.

Narcissa and Sirius also got on like a house on fire. Remus was quite happy for the reunion as he knew his husband missed his family, even though he denied it.

"So Harry, you two are getting quite serious", Narcissa remarked.

"Mother-"

"I've never been this serious about anyone or anything in my life. I'm glad that Draco accepted the offer to move in with me, and I'm excited to move in to our new place together."

"You've found a place then?", Remus asked.

"It's closer to you and dad than the old one. You as well Narcissa."

"Is the neighborhood nice?"

"We want to show you the place tomorrow before we pay the deposit."

"That's perfectly fine", Sirius replied with a grin. "We're always happy to have you closer to home Prongslet."

"Aww isn't that cute", Draco said, teasing Harry.

"Isn't it my Dragon?"

"It's that fiery temper of yours isn't it?", Harry teased back.

Sirius and Remus watched the two banter back and forth, seeing their younger selves in the two men before them. They couldn't be happier for their son. Harry hadn't had a very easy life, but now he had someone to, by the looks of it, spend the rest of his life with. All they wanted was for him to be happy, and Harry didn't think it was possible to be any happier than in that moment right there.