Chapter Seven

(Imagine this dress but a few shades darker)

I woke up the next morning to the feeling of something heavy draped across my back. I blinked my eyes open and groaned as I came face to face with an awake Hawks, one of his crimson wings draped over me as he pulled me closer to him. I groaned again when I remembered the events of the previous night. We had severely crossed a line.

Fuck.

I raked a hand through my hair and shimmied out from under Hawks wings, trying my best not to wake the sleepy bird boy. I got dressed as quietly as possible and then went into the bathroom to brush my y/h/l, y/h/c and throw it into a quick style. I slipped out of the bathroom and into the kitchen, devouring the last half of my cupcake. As it was still early I sat at the island with a coffee and began typing up and organising damage control for the day before.

I got the majority of it done before my eyes caught sight of the dress that Hawks had bought me for later tonight. Standing up I held the dress up to my body and gave a twirl, realising then just how sheer it was. That horny bastard knew exactly what he was doing when he bought this. Whilst the skirt did have a shorter under layer to protect the wearers modesty it still just was not appropriate for the occasion, and it left my bruised thighs mostly exposed and blazingly obvious. And so, deeming it inappropriate for the night ahead I decided to head down town to try and find a skirt in a matching colour that wasn't so sheer.

As soon as I stepped out of the lobby I shivered and a grin lit up my face. The weather was officially cooling down and getting closer to the holiday season. It was a few days till December and whilst I know that Chrustmas isn't that big of a thing in Japan I was still getting childishly excited. I wandered in and out through several shops before I found the perfect skirt in a small second hand shop. The crimson of the skirt matched the dress (and coincidentally Hawks wings) perfectly. The hem came to just above my ankles and the waistline was just high enough that it covered the skirt but not too high as to impede the sheer bodice of the dress that I had deemed acceptable. I was ecstatic to put it on when I got home. I felt like a giddy school girl with a fancy new play thing.

On the way home I passed by a little Cafe and had to double back. Hawks was still asleep however after the rough day he'd had yesterday and then after last night as well... I figured he might enjoy some pastires and a coffee for breakfast. Despite everything in the bakery being sickeningly cute looking I managed to pick a few things out and then was off on my merry way home with coffee and pastries and a skirt.

I was just unlocking my apartment and heading in when a sleepy looking Hawks wondered into the main living area from the direction of the bedroom, wearing pants but very definitely shirtless. I had to shake my head clear to stop myself from thinking back to last night, which Hawks must have seen as he chuckled at me on his way through to the kitchen.

"Like what you see, Y/n?" He chuckled, passing and sliding into a barstool when I held up the bag of pastries and the two coffees

"Listen, Hawks, about last night," I started to say, only for him to shake his head and cut me off

"We shouldn't have done that," Hawks began "I don't know what had gotten into me. I think it was the bird instincts. Not a word of that to anyone, though."

"Yeah, not a word," I breathed with a sigh of relief, sliding over his coffee and pastry as I sat down myself

Relieved. I was supposed to be relieved that he felt the same way as I did... right? Then why, deep down, was I almost disappointed? I knew it could get us into a lot of trouble but wasn't that half the fun of it? Whatever it was I shrugged it off, pushing the part of me with those feelings so far down that they were likely to never see the light of day. We continued to eat in a slightly awkward silence after that, occasionally chatting or teasing each other over something but mostly it was silent. At one stage I felt a pastry flake stick to my cheek and I moved to wipe it off but Hawks swooped in and got to it first, brushing it off my cheek with what looked to almost be a sad smile. He didn't say anything and neither did I but it didn't help the atmosphere we had created.