Chapter 1 ~ Washington

Fayette
Fayette and Elias' song: Paper Rings- T- Swift <3

My parents always taught me that if I wanted to achieve something great, I couldn't let anything hold me back, not even them. 

Don't get me wrong I love France and I love living in Paris, but it's just not my lifestyle. I'm an only child with two loving parents that I'm thankful for. They are the two biggest people in my life. Not only do they support my decision to go to America, but they also paid for the college tuition too.

I get to live in a dorm with a roommate and experience all kinds of new things. I can't wait to meet new people and get to see the world. Maybe I will also meet a cute boy. There's a lot of things that can happen.

Coming from France, my parents are very wealthy. My mom Aurora and my dad, Luis are the founders of the French school down my street. They are the sweetest people ever though and I love them with all my heart.

My full name is Fayette Aurora Monet. My mom was obsessed with fairies as a little girl and that's where the name Fayette comes from. My middle name is her name because they couldn't think of any other names. Although I love my name, the nicknames I have are kind of weird.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts when I hear my mom calling for me. I grab my suitcase with all my clothes in and head downstairs. The butler takes my bags and puts them into the car. I offer to take them myself but I would get yelled at for not letting the butler do his job.

My dad walks up to me and gives me a side hug and smile. "Are you sure you want to move to America? You're not going to get any special treatment there." My dad says which makes me sigh. He has always been overprotective of me. I was always a daddies girl, we did everything together.

"Dad, I don't need special treatment. And yes I'm sure" I say and give him a smile back. He looks at me like he doesn't want me to go, but he knows that this has been my dream since I was a little girl.

"If you ever want to come back, let me know and I will come and get you." He says and I give him one last hug. I will miss his dad hugs, something about a dad hug makes you feel at home, and at peace.

If you're wondering, me and my parents speak very well in English. They have been taking it since I was born and I have been taking it since I can remember.

It's normal to talk in English now but sometimes French just comes out. I see my mom hurdling over to me and bouncing up and down. She was a beautiful woman, I got my looks from her. I also love her with all my heart.

"My baby is all grown up and moving without her parents." She says and cradles me in her arms. "Mama I'm going to be fine, even with the time difference I will still text you and call you wherever I can." I say and she smiles at me. Just looking at her sad face makes me want to cry.

My mom was very good at making me feel guilty. With one pouty look, she would make me stay home in a instant. But I know my dad told her not to try any funny business.

"I love you Mon Amour" She says and kisses me on the head. "I love you too Mama." I say and I walk out of the house and into the car. Mr. Bernard gives me a smile as I sit in the car.

I wave one last goodbye to my parents and take off to the airport. This was it, the start of living my own independent life. Its scary but I'm excited to see where it will take me.

☁️

After about 5 hours of driving, we finally made it to the airport. My driver helps with my bags and he also helps me to get checked in. I walk around the airport and go to a store and get some snacks and water. I go to my gate and wait for my plane to get here.

While I'm waiting I text my parents that I'm about to board and that I love and miss them. They have already message me so many times saying how much they miss me.

I don't wanna cry but I'm going to miss my home very much. I will be home for the holidays but that doesn't mean I won't miss it.

Does America have cute boys? I giggle to myself. My best friend Molly told me they do and that I should bring home a husband. I laughed at her of course.

I get sad thinking about it when I hear that my gate is open and that I have to board.

Well America here I come.

☁️

After a long plane ride, we I get off the plane and grab all my suitcases. I head to the gate and step out into the airport of Seattle. It smells so fresh here. People who are not from France will say it's amazing but France has so many issues. And the air is just so cloudy there.

I get to the entrance and see that my car is there for me. My parents got me a car here since I was going to be here till I was out of college.

I get into the driver seat and turn on some music and directions to the college which is about 3 hours away. I just had to blast Taylor Swift for my first drive in America. Not going to lie, they drive so different here its crazy.

☁️

After 5 stops to use the bathroom and 1 stop for dinner I finally got to my college. I go to the place where the dorms are and go to the reception. I hate how I can't hold in my bladder, I get it from my mom.

"Hello there, how may I help you?" The lady asks and I smile at her "My name is Fayette Monet and I own a dorm here and need the keys" I say and she nods, going behind the counter and grabbing a file with my name and a pair of keys.

"Your dorm is on the 4th floor, your roommate's info is in there as well." She says and I thank her.

I grab all my bags which is a lot. And head towards the elevators. I get in and hit the fourth floor. I wait for it to get there and I step out. I look for my room which is room 675. I see it down the hall at the end .

I walk towards it and open it with my keys. I see that the dorm is very spacious and has a ton of room for a dorm. I see no one is in here but the other person's side is all decorated in pink and white décor.

I walk further in and place my bags on my bed. I look into the file that was given to me and see that my roommate's name is Abby Nelson.

After I'm done reading the file I sign and start to unpack my bags. There was a lot of stuff I left back at home, but I still have a lot to unpack.

After 2 hours of doing so, I feel so tired that I might pass out right now. Thank goodness there is still a week before school starts because if it started tomorrow I don't think I would survive.

I see that I got a goodnight text from both of my parents and respond to them that I got to my dorm safely.

As I'm getting ready for bed I hear the dorm room open and I see a girl taller than me with blond hair enter the room. She sees me and starts screaming which kind of freaks me out but I can tell she's excited.

"Omg are you Fayette?" She asks and I nod. "YOU'RE GORGEOUS" She says and I thank her.

"Thank you." I smile and she smiles back. "I'm Abby" she sticks her hand out for me to shake it which I gladly do.

"We are going to be best friends, I just know it." She says and it makes me smile then she pauses.

"Wait, is that a French accent I hear?" She says and I nod slowly. She starts jumping up and down "That's so exciting!" She says and I laugh. "French accents are so beautiful and you speak such good English" I thank her and she nods

"I will let you get some sleep since I assume you're very tired from your journey here." She says.

"Thank you and yes I'm very tired" I say and she laughs. "Well good night Fayette"

"Goodnight Abby" Holy crap I just made a friend.