Chapter 13 ~ Halloween

Fayette

It was now Halloween night. Me and the group decided that we would go to a party for a couple hours but then come back to their dorm and hang out.

Me and Abby are in our costumes and we are waiting for the boys in the lobby. We are getting weird stares but I don't care. It's Halloween you should be able to dress up how you like. Plus its nothing compared to the half naked people that we walked passed, or the gorilla.

Me and Abby look up from a noise and see Elias and Cole. They are wearing their power ranger outfits. They are both shirtless and wearing colored pants. They also have the mask on. Me and Abby on the other hand are wearing a dress version and we are not wearing the masks.

"Hey girls." Cole says trying to look smuggish. Me and Abby laugh at his attempt as Elias takes off his mask. "It's so freaking hot in that mask." He complains.

"We won't be at the party for long. Let's go." I say and we all head to the car. We talk about going to the grocery store and getting snacks and candy after the party. We also agreed on no drinking since we were planning something after.

We get to this party house that is decorated in Halloween décor. We walk past all the sweaty bodies and grab bottled water. Abby taught me you always grab bottled water since it's not likely that they have been messed with.

We all go find a place to sit down and we find a place outside. Me and Abby cuddle on the hammock and Cole and Eli sit in front of us.

"So what do you guys wanna do..?" I am not sure what we are supposed to be doing at a party.

"Can we go dancing?" Abby says and I nod. Me and Abby get up and walk in the house. I see Cole and Eli standing in the corner watching us.

The song 'save your tears' comes on and me and Abby let loose a little bit. We swing each other's arms and sing along to the words.

Me and Abby continue to dance for the next five songs. Once we get tired and thirst we go to the boys since they are holding our waters. Since none of us are drunk, it's pretty easy to get to them.

Once we see them though, we see two girls being all touchy touchy with both of them. I turn to Abby and she shrugs. We walk to them and tap on their shoulders.

"We are thirsty" I say and both boys hand us our waters. The girls give us nasty looks and I see Abby returning them. I nudge her to stop.

"Hi I'm Fayette, nice to meet you." I stick out my hand but the girl on Elias doesn't move. "Fine, don't take my handshake." I roll my eyes.

I look over to Abby and she gives me the 'let's go outside' look and I nod. We take our waters and head outside. We sit on the same hammock.

"Why do I feel angry and jealous?" She turns to me. "It's because you like Cole, which is perfectly fine." I lean into her. "Not to forget the history that I keep reminding you off."

"I never felt like this. When Dylan made me go to parties, he would never tell girls to go away and I got used to it so I stopped feeling jealous. But now with Cole, I want nothing more than to rip out any girl's eyes for even looking at him." I chuckled.

"Abby, it's called love, maybe not love, but a strong like. And that's okay, It shows you have feelings towards him. You should tell him. You don't have to date but just tell him how you feel so you don't lead him on." She nods. Even though we both know he already knows.

We talk for a while and then see the boys come towards us. Cole and Elias look relieved to have found us.

"Where did you guys go? We were so worried," Cole says. "We needed air" Abby says in a cold tone but I don't think she intended to. It might just be her protective instinct.

"Oh, I'm sorry, are you guys ready to go then?" Cole asks and Abby stands up. We all stay silent and look at her. Not even I know what is going on. I look at Elias and he is giving me the same expression.

"Cole," Abby says.

"Abby."

She goes closer to him and out of absolutely nowhere, kisses the life out of him. He stumbles back surprised but after a little while starts to kiss back. He grabs her face as she is grabbing his.

My mouth is wide open and so is Elias'. I'm even more shocked because none of us are drunk. Which is kind of suspicious.

Abby pulls away out of breath. She turns to me and looks at me in shock like she is surprised by her own confidence.

It looked like that kiss really made her dizzy.

I see her eyes get all cloudy and droopy. "Abby?" I ask and her eyes start closing. She falls onto the floor. "Abby!" I yell and go on the ground towards her. Cole was holding her up. We all look at each other with concern.

"Hospital" Cole says and we all nod. He picks her up bridal style and we all run towards the car. Elias gets in the driver seat while I'm in the passenger next to him.

Cole is in the back holding up an almost lifeless Abby. I start to tear up thinking what could have happened.

Elias reaches over and puts a hand on my hand that was on my leg. "She is going to be fine, okay breathe" He says and I do. I look back and see Cole won't take his eyes off her and is stroking her hair. I can also see some tears in his eyes as well.

I can't imagine the pain he is feeling right now. Loosing the girl he loves only to get her back and now this scare.

We pull up to the hospital and get out. Elias runs to the reception. The reception lady looks him up and down and lips her lips. "Hi, how may I help you?" She says in flirty tone.

"Now's not the time to flirt with my friend, my other friend is almost lifeless and we need help!" I shout. She looks at me and rolls her eyes. "Name?"

"Abby Nelson," Elias says.

"Okay take a seat and we will get a nurse here." We sit down and see Cole still has Abby in his lap. He holds her as tears start to fall.

After 20 minutes a nurse comes to us. "Abby Nelson?" We nod and Cole takes her with the nurse.

He comes back and sits in his chair. We all sit in silence as we wait for the results of our friend.