Chapter 4 ~ Dylan

Elias

I'm at the rink right now with my best friend Cole and we are doing warm-ups for this week's game. Me and Cole needed to go to practice. Me and Cole have been best friends since 4th grade. Our parents were best friends and it just made sense to be his friend.

I love Cole with all my heart. He was the only friend who actually stayed beside me through middle school, highschool, and now college. I have only known all the other guys since the end of highschool and the beginning of summer. It's my sophomore year and me and Cole made it to captains of our school's hockey team.

Our school is one of the best schools hockey wise. We have beat almost every other school. The only school we get defeated by 50% of the time is Lakeside university.

Me and Cole plan to get drafted together after college. That's why the coach has us as captains so the NHL will see that we work really well together.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts when Cole shouts "Goal!" and I see he made the puck past me. I get the puck back and then me and Cole are right back to playing.

He was teasing me all through practice because of the incident that happened at the café. I happened to see Fayette was not getting her drink so I gave it to her, recognizing she was the girl at the same café last week and the one in the homeroom.

She is really nice and beautiful, and the fact that she wants to study bio for her future career is beyond me. I find that stuff boring but I think she can pull it off.

I was stunned to find out that she was not from here and had recently moved from France. I think that is so cool. She also has an amazing English accent. Her voice is a sweet soft French accent with the sudden mistakes here and there but I find it cute.

I also think it's amazing she is so good at speaking English.

Her name is also what makes her so unique. Fayette is such a pretty name. I looked up what it means in the car. It means 'little fairy' She is pretty, smart, has a hot accent, and her name also has a beautiful meaning.

I'm again snapped out of my thoughts when Cole tells me it's time to head to the showers. We head to the locker room with all the other boys to shower and change up.

Me and Cole head to our go to sushi places for dinner. He drives about fifteen minutes before we get there. We get a seat and they serve us with our drinks as well as sauces.

"Dude" I hear Cole say and he points over to a table where I see Abby, Dylan, and Fayette. Cole doesn't look happy anymore and instead looks down.

Cole and Abby have a long history. Over a year ago some things went down and now they are complete strangers.

Which sucks because I see how much he likes her.

I have known about his crush on Abby since high school. When she got with Dylan it made him furious. And the fact that Dylan talks about Abby like some dirt bag in the locker rooms does not help his anger either.

But Dylan took that away from him and turned his back on us. Cole felt betrayed, we still don't know why Dylan is still on the team. But Cole uses his place as captain to take his anger out on him.

We watch them eat and laugh more. Fayette looks like she is having a really good time. Her and Abby were meant to be best friends. All of Abby's other friends screwed her over.

When me and Cole get our food we eat and talk for a while. I look over every once a while to see what's going on. I can see on Fayette's face she is uncomfortable with what Dylan is doing. He is sitting across from her next to Abby but is playing footsie with Fayette.

Abby seems oblivious. Or maybe she's not. I mean after all, she doesn't like him that much.

I look over to Cole and see him taking a video of it. "What are you doing?" I ask and he looks at me.

"Recording so that I can show it to Abby and she will break up with that jerk." He says and I don't protest.

Dylan stops when they start to head out. Fayette grabs her jacket and puts it over her body like she is scared he is going to look at her.

They leave and then ten minutes later me and Cole decide to bounce.

We get to our team house and see some boys on the couch playing video games. Me and Cole live in dorms but we also live here. I see Cole glaring at Dylan who is also playing video games. I walk past and into my room. I get ready for bed and get into bed turning on my phone.

I go through Instagram and search up Fayette and because that name is uncommon I find her really easily.

Her page is mostly just her, family, and some old friends. I smile at the pictures and videos of her laughing. I'm feeling bold tonight so I go ahead and follow her.

Not even two minutes later do I get a follow back from her which makes me smirk. I go to her and see she is already typing...

This is going to be interesting...

"Omg Elias Graham just followed me, I'm a huge fan" it says and I can hear the sarcasm just from the text.

"The one and only." I reply with a bit of cockiness

"And he responded? I think I'm going to faint" I smirk and laugh at that.

"Anyway why the sudden follow?"

"I felt like it"

"Ah"

"Also because I think we could be great friends."

"Friends? That's new I thought you wanted to get in my pants"

"Nope I'm probably the only virgin in college"

"I am too, sex is overrated, I prefer to cuddle"

"Same here"

"Anyways I have to go cuddle with Abby so goodnight:)"

"Goodnight, little fairy"

"You looked up what my name means?"

"Yep, and that's your new nickname."

"Goodnight."

I laugh and turn my phone off and drift into a nice sleep hoping to get rest before school tomorrow.