Chapter 7

I'm floating, drifting in fact.

I look around and there's water. Everywhere.

My body's just there. Drifting further and further towards the pure blue blanket.

There's no land in sight. The blue blanket just stretched for miles and miles on.

But I feel peace. Serenity in fact.

Not just in my body but my heart. In my soul.

Peace that I've never known before.

It feels amazing.

But slowly the peace is being disrupted. While this is happening the sky is darkening and clouds are making their way over.

There no peace left there's just panic now, every inch of my body, soul and heart are fretting with panic.

The water staring swaying dangerously and soon enough a tsunami had formed. In the background the clouds had formed together to form a thunderstorm.

It was loud, unnerving. I couldn't even get away. The more I faffed about trying to get away from this storm the more it was drawing me to itself.

Then, something grabbed my leg and I was dragged underneath the water.

Black. Darkness.

I couldn't see. My arms and legs were slowing their motions. Just as the last particle of oxygen was to leave my body, my eyes opened.

I gasped.
Taking in all the oxygen my greedy lungs could possibly hold.

My arms and legs moving to their own accord.

I felt cold water all over my body and that was when I forced myself to notice my surroundings.

I was in a bathtub. My arms and legs immersed in the water.

I was fine. I was safe.

I heard a grunt and a low growl, "Has the princess awoken from her never ending slumber?"

I gulped down my saliva. I realised that I was sat on something, actually, on someone. I slowly turned and sure enough it was Zunair.

He had his arms circled around and lust permanently residing in his eyes.

A smirk on his face.

He chuckled to himself, "Why are you so surprised meri jaan? Were you expecting someone else?"

I just turned my head around. My mind was flickering with images of last night. He took me in every corner of the room, saying "You won't be able to hide from me now in this room. Every corner of this room would remind you that you belong to me. Only me."

That's how her wedding night was spent. She laid underneath him, begging herself not to cry whilst he was avenging his mother.

But Alayna doesn't even know the reason behind his behaviour. She believes its because she's been sold by her father to him.

But she did make a promise to Zunair.

He was done with her body now. He laid her on the bed and slept next to her. Soon, his soft snores disrupted the calming silence. She laid on his bed, and a heart-wrenching sob escaped from her lips. She looked over at him, "I pray you never find any sukoon in this world or the next. I pray your heart burns just how you have burnt mine. I pray there will be a day where you will beg for my mercy."

And indeed such a day had been written to take place. But neither of them knew about it.

She was dragged out of her thoughts by her body being lifted out of the water.

He slid her arms into a robe and wore one himself and led her to the room. And seated her on the bed. The very bed on which she was raped.

The very bed her 'so called husband' forced her into something she was not ready for.

Little did she know, this is just a trailer.

He would ruin her far more.

He won't leave a stone unturned to torment her.

That day, that day he didn't leave her alone for a second. Every minute felt like an eternity for her.

He was by her side every second. All she wanted to do was to cry to her Rabb but he was preventing that from happening.

Whereas Zunair followed his new wife around like a lost puppy not because he was a lovesick one but because he wanted to see her cry. He wanted to hear her scream. He wanted to see her tears. He needed her to do these things so that his burning heart could calm down. So that the flames ignited within him could soothe a little.

Little did he know when she would start crying  and screaming, he would regret it with his whole being.

There will be a time where she will scream, cry and screech and he will loathe himself for causing her this pain. He will regret his deeds and wish he could turn the clocks backwards, but he won't be able to. 

No one is able to, except Him. 

But he doesn't know that such a time will dawn on him. Right now all he wants is some sort of emotion from, be it anger, hate or fear. Something, anything! In fact. But she sat with an expressionless face and hollow eyes. 

She wasn't meant to be like this, she was meant to cry and shout at him. Heck, she should be close to her edge, close to her death. She should want death by now! This wasn't going according to his plan. 

Little did he know that the revenge was pointless as the two parties involved had both passed on. His ignorance to this fact would cause him to live in hell later. 

He had enough. Of staying with her, while she didn't show what he wanted. 

He stormed out of his room towards to the living room. The living room greeted him people less and lifeless like all these years.  

He stalked to the glass table and flipped it over. He then grabbed a vase and smashed it against the wall. "WHY THE FUCK CAN'T ANYTHING GO TO PLAN?" He roars.

He hears a hiccup from behind him. Good, he thinks to himself, I want to scare her  even more. He loses all control and starts acting like a complete maniac. Puching the walls, tearing the furniture. Shouting and screaming at the top of his lungs. 

All, just to get to get a simple reaction out of her. 

She was crying now, loudly. He could hear her begging him to stop so that's what he did. 

The room was filled with her hiccups and strained sobs. 

He just wanted a reaction.

In no time, he was stood in front of her terrified figure. 

"You want me to stop?" He asks, sickingly sweetly. 

She nods her head. 

"I won't." And with that he drags her up and throws her into the broken glass decorating the floor and replicating her inside. 

"I want to hear you cry!" He says psychotically. 

And he began. 

Began to beat her with all his might. 

Began to beat with no mercy. 

Began to destroy her life. 

Began to destroy.........her.

******

How was this chapter? 

Any thoughts on what's going to happen next? 🤷‍♀️