Akjarah

Thank you for this interview! (holds out a plate of biscuits) So to get started, why did you choose Akjarah as your username?

 (takes a biscuit) Honestly, I don't really know. Every username I wanted was already taken, and I didn't want any numbers in my name. So I just typed some random letters in until it started to resemble a name.

How interesting! How did you come to find out about Wattpad and how old were you when you decided to join?

I don't remember how I found about Wattpad, I think through an ad banner somewhere. I joined when I was twelve.
Back then, I was ghost reader, you could say. I forgot to vote on stories, and for some reasons, I didn't have the courage to comment.

That's just fine, don't worry! A lot of us started out really shy on Wattpad, myself included. What gives you inspiration to write?

Well, I think the works of others inspire me. When I see fanfictions that are so different from the original plotline, but nonetheless good, I want to create something like that too.
The problem is that I easily lose motivation to write.
(nods head in sympathy) I completely understand. Good you give us a few examples of fanfictions that inspired you?

Hoshigaki, Eight and Stumble by are my favorites.
But Darkpetal16, Juniper11, and Evil Is A Relative Term are also fantastic fanfiction writers.

(Grins in amusement.) I actually follow and read a lot of these fellow writers. I'm actually friends with writer168. Everyone one of these people is talented and wonderfully kind. Who is your favorite character from the Naruto series and why?
It's Sakura, probably the most hated character from Naruto. But I adore her. She doesn't come from a clan with powerful dojutsu or techniques, nor does she have unlimited access to chakra or a tailed beast sealed inside of her. Compared to most other characters, Sakura comes from a humble beginning. However, she was still able to receive notoriety and attention as an apprentice to the fifth Hokage, and because of her role during the fourth Ninja War.
But the most important thing, she is human. She isn't perfect. She made mistakes, learned from them, made mistakes again, etc. She is emotional, impulsive, hot-headed, and often misunderstood. But she is relatable, and I see myself in her.
Rock Lee is also close to my heart. He is quite precious.
(nod's head in agreement), I totally understand where you are coming from. I never understood why people always bash her like they do for some reason. I mean she was badass in her own right and sooooo should not have married Sasuke. Did you know that while the Western side hates Sakura, the Eastern side adores her? Food for thought there, I guess. :) Anyways, if you could change three things about Naruto, what would it be and why?

Oh, I wish I knew why it is so. I see Sakura as the glue that is holding Team Seven together. I think people hate her because of her immature attributes, even though she was a minor. This would not have been much of a problem if she had a tragic background to excuse her behavior.
In the aspect of love, Sakura is very old-fashioned. When she falls in love, she falls in love. Instead of abandoning her love for Sasuke, she held on and waited for years for him to come home.
She knew that Sasuke was the only one for her and wouldn't even consider taking in another or moving on, because if it wasn't with him, then she much rather stays alone.
Sakura stays true to her heart up to the end, and it's that patience, that unwavering and unending love for Sasuke, which makes people partly dislike her, in that aspect I included.
If I could change three things, I would change her unwavering love for Sasuke. It just didn't seem right to me. Sakura is presented as a Genjutsu type, but the show doesn't go into detail with that. There are times when some one could let her learn techniques to give her an advantage, like when she asked Tenzo if she could learn a Mokuton technique.
However, the fact that she doesn't have that, and only her strength and healing abilities, makes it all the cooler to me.
Other than that, I would change Neji's death. His demise was just plain cruel to me, and I wish her experiences freedom in another form than death. I just see it as unnecessary, but at least he was free of the mark.

How does it feel that your story Pretty Smile has 77,968 views and 4, 587 votes?

I still can't believe so many people would find my fanfic so entertaining, which is why it sometimes feels like it's the story of someone else, not mine.
Because I haven't updated it for some time, I have been feeling the need to rewrite it, as I've noticed so many mistakes, and I'm just not that happy either with the story itself.
It kinda seems immature to my eyes, and compared to my current writing style, I believe I can do a better job.

Hey, that is completely understandable! Well, I would like to thank you so much for allowing us to interview you today! We wish you the best with your future writings! (bows)