malikjuana

[bows] thank you for allowing us to interview you today Mali-san

[bows in return] thank you for the opportunity!

Anyways first question we have for you Mali-san is, how did you stumble upon Wattpad? How old were you?

I first stumbled upon Wattpad when I was about 14 or 15. I had previously been writing all of my fanfics on a website called Quotev, and a few people mentioned to me that Wattpad was a good site to put stories on as well, so I ended up publishing my stories here as well :) I originally only decided to use Wattpad as a back up site for all my stories, but nowadays I'm more active here than I am on Quotev.

[nods head.] You are one of the older ones to have joined Wattpad, lol. Also Quotev is a pretty fun site to be on. Why did you decide to use malikjuana as your username?

Yeahhhh, I've been here for a while hahah. I decided to use malikjuana because I couldn't think of anything else hahaha. When I first joined Quotev I was a huge One Direction fan, and Zayn was my favourite, so I just decided to use that as my username lmao. I've considered changing it a couple of times but I honestly can't think of anything else, and I have gotten pretty attached to it lol.

[snorts] How does it feel to have such popular stories? (All of them are nearly over the 100,000 view mark) How do you feel knowing you have 3.4k followers?

Hmm, I don't really think of them as popular, because I'm sure most of the views come from the same readers who have followed me for a long time and read most of the stuff I publish hahahaha. (Thanks to you guys for that! I appreciate every read and comment <3) And about having 3.4k followers, it just feels so surreal. When I first started writing I didn't really think about writing to gain followers- I just wanted to write. So now knowing that my writing actually gains followers for me, it's pretty trippy to be honest :') 3.4k just means more people for me to write better stories for!

[smirks in amusement.] What inspired you to write your stories? Who is your favorite Naruto Character?

I always liked the idea of writing, but I never really had anything to write about until I came across fanfiction! When I found out I could write about my favourite fictional characters I jumped into it straight away- I randomly chose a character from Naruto (more specifically, Gaara- he was my favourite at the time) and let my imagination take over! In terms of favorite character, my favorite character to //write// about is Sasuke, but in general, I think it would have to be Kushina (hence my screen name lol)

Kushina was an amazing woman and I kinda wished Kishimoto would have allowed her to be edotensei too ya know? Anyways, Is there something from the Narutoverse you would change? Who is your least favorite character?

Right! It would have been nice to see her! As for changing something from the Narutoverse... I can't think of anything at the moment aha! I don't think there was anything that overly annoyed me to the point where I wanted it changed? Or there probably was, but I can't think of it right now lol. As for my least favourite character, it would probably be Orochimaru. I mean... it's Orochimaru. Bleh.

Or as I and many of my friends like to call him, the ninja version of Lord Voldemort. XD Anyways, I have only three more questions for you and they are as followed. Can you list some of your favorite Naruto fanfics that you have read on here? And tell us about some of your friends on here? Could you name the Naruto fanfic that inspired you to write along with a writer?

He basically is! Hahahaha xD And sweet! I'll bulletpoint my answers lolFave Naruto fanfics on here: - I actually don't really read fanfics... like at all (sweatdrop) but I have read my friends' stories on here that were originally from quotev! That being said, the fanfics are called "Making You Mine" (Izuna x Reader by Yuuzuki-Uchiha), and "Breaking Boundaries" (Yandere!Sasuke x Reader) and "Beneath the Surface" (Yandere!Itachi x Reader) by kaidono. (I have a reading list called "stuff I've actually read" if you want to find them xD) It's pretty much only those three stories. I have a short attention span nowadays so reading isn't really my forte ripMy friends on here:- Basically most of the people who I'm friends with on wattpad are people I met on quotev xD But since a lot of time has passed since we first met and everyone's getting older and moving on with their lives, we aren't in contact much anymore (apart from Itymyg and riyadesu, who I regularly kik and snapchat with lol)Fanfic/writer who inspired me to write:- Like everything else, the author who inspired me to write was an author on quotev who went under the username summerminato. She had a lot of great Sasuke x Reader fics and I remember looking through them and thinking, "Damn, I wanna do this." There wasn't just one particular fanfic, because I liked all of them equally, but I know for sure she was the type of author I aspired to be. That being said, I'm pretty happy just being here writing my own stuff without looking up to other people's works for inspiration anymore, mostly because I feel like once I read something in my early days, I subconsciously weave it into my own works and I feel like a plagiarist >.<

I see. [smiles softly and bows.] Thank you for allowing us to interview you today~

----------

Who would you like to see next?