simsim7868

[beams happily before bowing] Thank you for allowing us to interview you Simsim-san

[beams happily before bowing] Thank you for allowing us to interview you Simsim-san. :)

My pleasure! This is the first time I've done such a thing so it's quite exciting! So I thank you for interviewing me.

[shakes head and offers tea.] No thank you for allowing us to interview you. I guess our first question for you is how did you stumble upon Wattpad? How old were you?

[Sips tea graciously^^] I remember it clearly actually how I came upon Wattpad. When I was in Grade 10 (around 14-15?), I used to love answering questions on Yahoo Answers, and I came upon a question asking people to read his/her Naruto story. So I did! I was introduced to this lovely website and read all of the great stories authors wrote. Now, many years later (I'm almost 22!) this website is still my favorite! :)

[blows on hot tea before taking a sip herself] How interesting, I forgot Yahoo answers was a thing. XD Is it still around? Why made you decide to use simsim7868 as your username?

LOL, I'm actually not sure if Yahoo Answers is still around! That was the last time I actually went on it. Well in regards to my username: simsim repeated is just a nickname that my friends have given to me as a short form of my real name: Simran! :) And the 7868 is just a random thing I threw on at the end to make it more complete.

How interesting~ Your name is unique and pretty! How do you feel being a popular author? You have over 4.9 thousand followers and almost all of your stories are quite popular. How does it feel to know you have that many followers?

I feel so blessed and truly honored that there are so many people out there who believe in and love my stories enough to follow me! I remember starting out with zero views and zero followers; it took years to build a fanbase but I love each and every one of my readers. They take the time out of their day to read my stories and I appreciate them so much! My stories took a long time to become popular and noticed; but you know, it just takes patience! But it wouldn't have happened without all of the wonderful readers. So I want to say thanks to them! ^^

You hear that readers? What inspired you to write your Sasuke Uchiha series? Who is your favorite Naruto character from the Manga/Anime?

Sasuke is actually my favorite! :) His character is so complex and written well that I was instantly a fan. Many go for the hero, the one who's always good, the one who believes in good, but I go for Sasuke because he's the opposite of everything society deems as acceptable. He has a very dark past hidden by lies; betrayal truly changed who he became as a person. He doesn't try to be good, but rather he's also just himself, which I like. He's also easily misunderstood as the villain, and therefore I wanted to write a series about him. I wrote Scarlet/Crimson specifically to explore the Uchiha background and write out a scenario trying to understand Sasuke as a person and his motives. ^_^ Another character I surprisingly like is Boruto! I like him due to his simplicity. He's an average kid who's privileged in many ways yet is not happy sometimes due to the lack of attention from his father. He also doesn't have a set goal in his mind of what he wants to become like Naruto used to; he's average like many of us out there in the real world. I can relate to him! Phew! That was a long answer!

[Taps chin in thought.] You know I never thought of Sasuke like that before now that I think about it. Though I'm still not quite a fan of him, my eyes are slightly open. Most people don't like Sasuke all that much, speaking of that, is there something from the Anime/Manga you would change? Who is your least favorite character?

Hmmm... If I had to change something, I would go ALL the way to the beginning of Kaguya's era. I would stop the betrayal she felt when her own husband (the King during that time) and villagers tried to kill her. It was mistreatment towards her and her suffering that allowed Zetsu to be born. He was the one that planted the seed of doubt starting at Asura's and Indra's time, which led to the hatred being born from destiny in Sasuke and Naruto. Now... my least favorite character is hard to answer! I don't think I have a character I hate now but there are some that I just dislike. I used to dislike Sakura a lot, but now she's really growing on me! So not her. I guess I never really liked Kiba, either! For some reason, he just irked me (Kiba fans are going to slaughter me! XD). And omg yesssss, Danzo and that Sora guy (the fake Nine tails dude from the Fire Temple); these two take the cake! [Shudders with disgust] Lol those are my least favourite! :)

[smirks] No one likes Danzo. Can you list some of your favorite Naruto fanfics that you have read on here? And tell us about some of your friends on here? Could you name the Naruto fanfic that inspired you to write along with a writer?

It has definitely been more than a year since I've properly read a Naruto fanfiction! Life keeps you busy, eh? But from what I remember in the very beginning of 2011 that I used to love reading was "I got caught in a storm... and now I'm stuck in Naruto?!" Another lovely, favourite of mine that has also made me cry is "With you till the end" but this one I read a few years after I published my first book. I don't know many friends here (besides the amazing fans), but I don't know anyone personally. There have been more people though who have inspired me on Quotev. :) Nowadays if I want to read a Naruto fanfiction, I'll go on the main FanFiction site. There isn't a single fanfic in itself that inspired me to write, but a combination of them. The stories that were present almost 5-6 years ago, I no longer really see them on this site. But the creative authors that had these wonderful ideas and amazing writing just inspired me to write generally! So I did, without a clear direction to the point that writing on Wattpad has increased my creative writing levels since I entered college. :)

WOW! You've been writing for a very long time! Anyways thanks so much for allowing us to interview you~[bows] Hope you have a wonderful writing career still ahead of you forever.

I thank you for interviewing me! It was a pleasure! ^_^

------------

WHO SHOULD WE DO NEXT?