Chapter 4.

A/N: in honor of medicine.....

Jk lol don't get any ideas

FIRST DATE.

CADENCE:

Red lips, pretty makeup, my hair up, but could easily be let down depending on how my night goes of course. I have the dress on, and I'm wearing a simple pair of black heels that compliment it well. I have a black purse on my shoulder with pretty gold jewelry to add something but not too much. I smell good, I look good.. I feel good. The truth of it is, I've felt alright since moving here. I feel pretty sometimes, but I haven't felt like this.. Not for a long long time. I look at my phone, and see the time. I move right away, going from my apartment to the street, and I'm not greeted with a stuffy schauffer, or just a car. I'm greeted with him...

"Wow." It's simple, but it's something. His eyes are devouring me, and all I can do is cross my legs as I stand. My ankles touching as I clasp my hands in front of me. I smirk as I look at him, drinking him down. He's wearing all black. Just like I am, a black button up shirt that's tastefully low. Black pressed pants and a jacket that I'll probably end up wearing on the way back to one of our places tonight.

"You did good.. You matched well.. Almost too well.. Were you watching me?" I ask, walking to him slowly.

"And if I was?" He asks.

"Then I'd say you've got skill if you can watch me from that high up..." I approach, standing right in front of him now.

"You're incredibly witty." He leans against the car, and I nod.

"And all I know about you is that you're rich... and incredibly easy to look at. So let's get going.. I'd like to know a lot more." I smile, and he raises his eyebrow as he pushes himself off of the car, and opens the door for me. I climb in and he closes the door behind me, walking around to the other side to get in. I look at the driver who's sitting in front of Harry.

"How are you tonight?" I ask the driver. He eyes me over his shoulder, and realizes I'm talking to him.

"Fine.. Um. Thank you for asking." He nods.

"Do you drive for him often?" I ask, ignoring Harry as he sits next to me.

"Yes ma'am. It's my job." He tells me.

"Does he take good care of you?" I ask him, and watch as the driver looks in the rear view, obviously looking at Harry. I look to the side, and notice Harry, looking out the window, not paying a single lick of attention to the conversation being had in front of him.

"He does. I drive, he talks on the phone. He doesn't talk much. It makes my job easier." He tells me, and I nod.

"Good to know. Thank you...Um.." I realize I don't know his name.

"Piers." He tells me, and I nod.

"Thank you Piers." I call him by his name, and sit back in my seat now.

"Are you ready to have a conversation with me sweetheart? Or are you still captivated by my driver?" He asks me with a cocky smirk.

"Someone has an attitude." I smile, looking to his side of the car.

"I'm sorry, normally I'm the center of attention.. I'm not used to someone else taking the spotlight." He tells me, and I laugh, turning my head out of the window. "Something funny Cadence?" He asks.

"You'll have no problem keeping the spotlight with me, trust me." I tell him lightly, and I look over at him. He turns his head to me, and we both smile, and turn back forward. Once we're to the bar he gets out first, and looks at me with a bit of warning. He wants me to wait, so I do. He opens the door for me, and offers me his hand as I step out. We walk side by side, and I know we look really good doing it too. We have to, I saw myself in the mirror, and I definitely got a good look at him. He places his hand on my lower back, guiding me into the fancy bar, and up to the high top tables. He surpasses everyone and everything, and goes straight for the corner seats.