Chapter 12.

A/N: this one is a long one... and once again. The plot thickens.... HEHEHEHE.

CADENCE:

    The shop has to be my second favorite part of this city. It's the most peaceful spot, and I know that for a fact. I like it too because just like my apartment, just like my clothes, and everything else. I know it's all mine. I wanted more than anything a place that felt like a safe space for me, a place I didn't have to worry, or fear about. I wanted a place that I knew would make me feel like myself.. I know my apartment could be that place too but with so many people living near and around.. There are too many factors. This store has no added factors. It's everything I wanted.

    I stand up, walking around the quaint store with its creaky but charming wooden floors. I put away returns, and books customers passed on. Alex wasn't scheduled today, it's never busy on days like this one, and I like it sometimes. Getting the upstairs all to myself, all the new titles, and new faces. I move back to the counter, dusting it off as well as the hanging shelves behind. They always collect so much dust because they are signed editions, no one wants to touch them, which is fair. I restock the desk, and refill the change drawers, tidying everything up in my place of comfort. My phone starts buzzing and I pick it up, sliding it to answer right away.

    "What do you want, I'm working?" I ask, and smile as I do, sitting down on my stool behind the counter.

    "I assumed you were working hard because every time I've walked out onto this balcony today I haven't seen your face, or your shape, or your beautiful red hair in that window." Harry speaks, and I look over to the giant window.

    "It's not my fault you had the day off." I tell him.

    "I didn't. I worked from home today, I just chose to do most of it out here in hopes I'd catch a glimpse of you." He tells me which makes my cheeks heat up. "So why don't you come over here?" He asks, and I stand from my stool, my eyes scanning the store. We close soon, there's no one up here right now. I walk to the window, and look out, and up towards him. He's in a plain white tshirt that fits to his chest, and arms perfectly from what I can tell. He wears a pair of gray trousers that are loose everywhere but his waist, and his hair is perfect, but I know he's most likely done nothing with it. "There you are.." He speaks happily into the phone, and I can see his wide smile from here.

    "You're glowing up there." I tell him, and he sighs.

    "I wish I could see you a bit better. There's a glare on your window from the sun." He tells me and I lean against the window frame.

    "Well I'll be over after I close shop, and that won't be much longer." I tell him.

    "Counting the minutes doll." I watch him, pull out a pack of cigarettes from his pocket, and place one of the sticks between his lips. He retrieves a lighter from his pocket and lights the end of it, leaning over the railing of his balcony once more. His arm rests easily as his lips grasp around the cigarette, taking in a long drag before he takes it from his lips, holding it in his dangling hand.

    "Let me finish cleaning up around here, and I'll be over right after alright?" I ask, and see him nod.

    "Don't leave me waiting too long." He jokes, and I roll my eyes.

    "I'll see you soon.. Goodbye." I hang up, and look at him from the window, seeing him take his hand, and blow me a kiss from his balcony before he walks off, probably closer the the back door of his apartment. I do the rest of the cleaning. Sweeping the floors, dusting the rest of the shelves, and restocking the bookmarks as well as the other little trinkets we have near the front desk. I count the drawer, and take out what was made today, organizing all of the cash, and credit card slips from the slow day, and then I'm done. It's early for the day, but it's my store so I can do what I want. I walk from the upstairs, and relieve Brian from downstairs, taking his final count for the day, and I lock up