Chapter 23.

A/N: THIS IS A DOUBLE UPDATE, PLEASE READ CHAPTER 22 FIRST OR YOU WILL BE VERY CONFUSED AT WHAT'S HAPPENING!!!

CADENCE POV:

    The last few days have been radio silent from the one person I figured would be blowing my phone up. After I left Harry's, Michael picked me up, and he had plenty of concerned questions. We're close enough that it's not invasive for him to ask me things but I didn't feel like talking at all at that moment. He didn't push either thankfully. He asked if I was okay, and I admitted that I didn't feel okay. He asked what I wanted him to do, and I didn't know. So he asked if he could stay on my couch and I said yes. He only stayed for one night. He made me breakfast and I talked to him. I felt better, but agreed with Michael that I should take some time.. And that Harry would come to me soon, and if I was ready I was in control.

    We were both wrong. Harry never contacted me. He still hasn't. His sister did, and his mom. They both felt bad. Namely Isa. They wanted to see me before they left and went back to England so I invited them over. Isa apologized to me, she felt like it was her fault that what happened happened, and I tried to make sure she knew that wasn't true. There's really no one to blame. Harry overreacted, and I was affected by it. Isa did nothing wrong, and neither did Edith. Harry didn't really do anything wrong to me either.

    That brings me to today, the third day I've stayed home from work. I'm not really sure why what happened has affected me the way it has. I guess it's brought me back.. Set me back.. I haven't felt like I did that day.. The past three days. I haven't felt like that in years.. Not since Miles and I separated. My phone has rang a few times today. I have seen Alex's name every time, and I know she's worried about me. I know she is. And that's not fair to her at all especially since she didn't do anything wrong. I pick my phone up, and slide it to answer. I sit at the window that overlooks the city in my apartment. I used to sit here everyday when I came home from work.. It's such a waste letting this apartment sit here, empty every night.. Every day.. It's beautiful, it's just not my home...

    "Hello?" Her voice snaps me out of my thoughts.

    "Hi." I tell her.

    "Oh my god. Cady, I've been going crazy.. I had to seek out Harry, and ask him if you were okay. I was worried to death." She doesn't raise her voice, but I can hear the concern she's telling me about in her tone.

    "I'm sorry.. I should have called you.. What did Harry tell you?" I ask her.

    "After I pried it out of him he pretty much told me everything.. That he scared you, and he has left you alone since then." She tells me.

    "He didn't scare me.. I know he wouldn't hurt me.. It's just, I don't know. It was weird, I felt like I wasn't me.. Like I was somewhere else.. I still feel like it." I admit. My legs are curled up on the window seat beside me, a glass of wine sitting on the windowsill. "He still hasn't talked to me at all." I tell her.

    "He told me." She tells me, and I furrow my brows, wondering what all he said.

    "What else did he say?" I ask.

    "He said he hasn't talked to you since because he's scared of what you'll do.. Meaning he thinks you're going to dump his ass, and I told him he should talk to you before making assumptions.. So I don't know if he'll take that advice. He doesn't seem like the type to listen to other people." She tells me. I feel a small smile curve onto the side of my face.

    "Actually, he'll listen. If it's coming from a woman at least." I tell her, knowing the only people he ever listens to is his mom, his sister, and me.