Chapter 5.

A/N: I know it's been a minute.. sorry!

Also, don't Get discouraged.. You'll get the steam you're wanting. Promise!

SECOND DATE:

CADENCE:

    I'm going into his apartment... That's something I wasn't thinking he would invite me to do.. I mean see. His apartment.. The apartment that's one street over from where I work. He lives on West 76th Street. I own my little bookstore, my bookstore with the large window that I can see his apartment from. The apartment that I'm about to be in if I could bring myself to leave work. He asked me yesterday. Of course my first thought was that he only wanted me in his apartment for one reason. Before I could even question him he told me he wouldn't try anything.. Then he proceeded to tell me, only some things which made me laugh of course. He's funny, and oddly trustworthy.

    "Cady, I hate to tell you this but... Well you can't stay here all night, you have to go over there, and the store has been closed for five minutes now." She tells me as if I didn't know.

    "I'm aware..." I nod my head.

    "You look really, really good... Did you go shopping again?" She asks me, and I look down.

    "I did.. Yeah." I nod. I picked out something else unique to me. Black leather pants, and a low cut grey sweater with a lace bra underneath. It's something I would wear partially but still a bit unique to me. I'm wearing black platform boots as well that give me a bit of height. "Do you really like it?" I ask, smiling, and turning around.

 "Do you really like it?" I ask, smiling, and turning around

    "Yes I do, you did a good job. You look good." She compliments me again. "Now stop talking about yourself, and go hangout with your.. Person." She tries to urge me, and I nod my head.

    "Okay fine, but I have to lock up so let's go." I nod my head, and she grabs her things, both of us meeting on the street after I lock the doors behind me.

    "Have fun Cady!" Alex waves to me, and starts walking in the opposite direction of me. Tonight anyways.. Normally I would walk that way, but I'm walking around the building tonight... To his building. I take a deep breath, and walk around the bookstore, walking past the small courtyard, and then around the building until I get to the front. It's pretty from here. I haven't really taken the entire building in. Just one balcony in particular.

    A doorman lets me through the doors, and then it's smooth sailing from there. I walk towards the elevators, and press the fourth floor button. It's not as tall, the building.. Compared to other buildings in New York it's not. I do know that it's an older building, and that's why it's shorter than most, but just from being inside I know it's been highly renovated.  Once I hit the fourth floor, I walk out, and there's only two doors to knock on. I walk down the hall to the left, and knock on the door, knowing this is the door number I was given. I move my hands, starting to twist my hair up so I can clip it, but the door opens.