THIRTEEN. true colors

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

Carlos's quinceañero was approaching soon. It was the only thing getting Bless through the day. The surprise party was in an hour but before that, she and Nini made a pitstop at the Bowen's residence to do the finishing touches on the flower arrangements. The trio were in the kitchen. While Ricky stood by the counter doing his flower arrangements, the Salazar-Roberts sisters situated themselves by the table. For the party, Bless dressed up in a long-sleeved bodysuit and a purple sequined miniskirt. She paired it with her black leather jacket and black heeled boots, while she styled her hair in space buns.

"Hey, hey. Big party day!" Mike Bowen announced with a smile as he stepped into the kitchen area. "Looks like you're up to your ears in rose petals."

"Yeah. So far no thorns, so," Nini said.

"Is that a euphemism?" Ricky inquired.

"Huh. I'm surprised you even know the word euphemism," Bless remarked in shock.

"Of course I know the word euphemism."

"You use the word euphemism yet you're tanking English class," Mike piped in, earning a chuckle from Bless.

"Okay, boomer," Ricky defended himself.

"I was born in the seventies!"

Bless and Nini shared an amused chuckle as Mike left the three teens.

"Okay, are you guys ready?" Nini asked. "I am like the Picasso of flower arrangements."

Nini held up her so-called masterpiece of a flower arrangement, earning a disapproving frown from her sister.

"Uh... Wait, what's that?" Ricky inquired in perplexity.

"Whatever that's supposed to be, Nini, it's terrible," Bless bluntly stated.

"It is not," Nini said in defense and she looked at her masterpiece. "Picasso was unappreciated in his own time."

"Is that true?" Ricky questioned.

"No. He was extremely wealthy and a terrible person."

"Either way, your flower arrangement will make everyone want to cry," Bless voiced.

"Yeah, Nini, I thought you said you could do the centerpieces," Ricky added with a chuckle.

"I know, but everyone was so excited about having to help with the party and I just wanted to be part of it."