TWENTY-EIGHT. the beginning of an end

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

Chase stood in the bomb shelter where the majority of East High's thespians lay, relieved that East High's production of Beauty and the Beast was over. Like everyone else, he was back in his regular clothes which were his black sneakers, black jeans, and an orange shirt with his denim jacket. He had gotten his stage makeup off his face and was now hanging his Maurice costume.

His attention was caught when Bless, Kourtney, and Ricky entered the bomb shelter. The two girls had been trying to get Ricky's makeup off him, but when Bless gave up, so did Kourtney and Ricky grew tired. He only had one eye covered in brown, but he didn't seem to mind. The three had also changed into their regular clothes. Bless wore a purple crop top with thin straps, a pair of ripped wide-leg jeans, and white sneakers, while her hair was let down and her makeup was replaced with her natural makeup.

"Oh my God, y'all," Kourtney spoke and everyone looked toward her, Bless and Ricky. "Ricky's transformation."

"Wait, how'd it look?" Lauryn, one of the dancers, asked.

"Honestly? Passable!"

The room erupted in cheers, happy that Ricky was able to do his transformation with the amount of pressure there was. Bless, Kourtney, and Ricky moved over to the costume rack where Chase stood, putting the remainder of their costumes there.

"Hey, give it up for our star!" Nini exclaimed, gesturing to Ashlyn who entered the room. A round of applauds and cheers rang throughout the room for the leading lady in question who smiled.

"Oh, you guys!" Ashlyn gushed. "Uh, has anyone seen my boyfriend? It feels like I've been missing him all night."

"I think he pushed himself a little hard," Carlos replied.

"But I'm pretty sure he left a letter at your locker," Ricky informed her.

"Not just one, actually," Chase piped in.

"Yeah, a couple of letters," EJ added.

"Oh, okay, wow," Ashlyn responded. "That's... That's sweet. Uhm, maybe I'll read them on the way to Slices. Good show, everyone."

Ashlyn's mood flattened as she headed toward the exit of the bomb shelter. Her hands brushed the basket of flowers she brought for Big Red before leaving the room. Everyone inside shared similar smiles, knowing about the surprise Big Red had been planning all night for Ashlyn. Some of the thespians, which included Chase, EJ, Ricky, Carlos, Seb, Bless, Kourtney, Lauryn, and Natalie, hurried over to the door and peeked their heads out, having a view of Ashlyn and Big Red in the hallway.