⌕the city of love.

3

3.1k words: summary of chapter: whilst starting what feels like new beginnings, the reader discovers herself in a situation that's set to build upon the best or the worst. a situation that alters the future for the better or the worse.

a/n: enjoy the first chapter! art credit: am.0art on Instagram.

The city of hostile love is the place your bitter heart steers your indecisive soul to; your impulsive break is what made this merely possible. It's a decision that you are thankful for the predictable gut you have. The dim voice in your mind, that's youthful, guaranteed with an accurate truth.

Yet, you cancel its sounds out, focusing on a voice that speaks much louder. Its voice is radiant, booming, filling the atmosphere with its clear sounds. It snobbishly contradicts the hushed sounds. Sounds hushed to nothing more than a feeble whisper.

Your luggage lays above your exposed head, on a dismal grey slab you share with a few others. With others, who occupy a morbidly timid space nearby you, you adjust your posture on your seat. A small carved-in white window is mounted upon the plane wall, its pretty presence only coming to view —only when boredness awoke within you. Boredness at the feeling and realisation of nothingness. Not an ounce of relief spills across your face. Your face remains veiled with displeasure at the length of the journey that has been stretched out.

You only want to listen to the music thread and embroider itself into the canal of your ears, painting an ever-so blissful album in your mind that inhabits glee.

One so flustering it alters the ash in your heart, sheltering behind the centre of your ribs, softening between your heart. You allow your fingers to curl cautiously into one another as a lady remains beside you. Her prominent breathing fanning against the exposed skin of your neck. She uses you as leverage, her eyelids lowered, her lips perched as she slumbers.

You want to request for her to depart from you, gifting your shoulder freedom once more as the flight to Paris is bound to be one so energy-consuming. So draining, an alienated pale shade is set to consume your features as if it has discovered its home.