Just like me

Maya POV:
I was at the balcony of my room looking at the stars as I sighed "Why did it have to be me? Why does Lady Micte want to sacrifice me now? She could've sacrificed me when I was just a baby" I told myself. Well at least the moon was listening to me. "Good evening Princess Maya, I do not wish to interfere but I know that Lady Micte cares for you" someone said. I turned around and saw no one. Then I looked at the sky to see that guy from earlier. What was his name again? I think it was... Zatz? I sighed "And how do you know that Prince of Bats?" I asked harshly "I am not like the other gods; I am a half-human like you, my mother was a human." he told me "I saw Lady Micte present you to lord Mictlan as a child. I didn't want to see one of my kind be sacrificed so I snuck  out of lord Mictlan's temple. A while later, I saw lady Micte come out with you in her hands... she started crying; I heard her say "I'm sorry Maya" before she went to the portal to deliver you to your parents." he explained. I seemed to get interested into his story, and went a little closer to him "She told me before I was sent to get you, she wanted me to protect you and told me to stay vigilant instead, so that lord Mictlan cannot kill neither of us. There is a reason that I was the one chosen as the emissary." he told me. "Well.. uh if you don't mind telling me... where's your mother?" he fell silent after I asked that question "W-well you don't have to tell me it you're not comfortable!" I said feeling guilty "My mother died when I was an infant" he told me with a sad tone "I'm sorry, I shouldn't've asked" I said as guilt filled me "It's ok" he said before once again floating in the air and leaving me alone in my balcony.