I will Protect you

Maya POV:

It was night time when me and Zatz finally set camp in the woods. Zatz told me to stay at camp while he gathered s some food. I waited as I gathered some berries that were in the nearby bushes. I put them all on a piece of wood we've been using as a plate for the past days. We've been vigilant for about 5 days now and we've managed to stay clear from the other gods. Zatz returns with a dead hare and bird, a basket of water, and what seemed to be a bruise on his leg. I rushed to him and asked him what happened "It's nothing princess it is just a splinter" he told me I tried to find some cloth in our bag but sadly there was nothing. So instead I ripped a part of my dress and wrapped it around his wound. We suddenly hear some noise in the bushes. "Stay away from him princesa" a voice commanded. Zatz tried to get up but I told him that I could handle it. I took his sword from him and took a fighting stand "And what if I don't coward?" I mocked. Suddenly a girl with glowing pink wings jumped(flew) out from behind a tree "I am Acat! Goddess of tattoos! You will not underestimate me half breed" she said "Scared now?" she added "You wish, you show off" I responded which she got angry to "Do you really think that a petty little half breed like you can take on a warrior goddess like me?" she smirked with pride "Oh I don't think so, I know so" I responded "No don't Maya! You can't take her!" I heard Zatz say making me soften "Chickened out princesa?" she asked charging her snake at me "Oh it's on" I smirked blocking her attack. She started charging at me really fast, one attack after the other. Then she started spinning like crazy. I leaned back as her sword barely missed my head by an inch. I took this moment to hit her to the side which caught her off guard for a moment, before she stood up and chased after me. I ran around a tree as she continued to chase me honestly is this girl on drugs? I thought to myself before stopping and hitting her which made her fall. She charged one of her snakes at me as I dodged by jumping to a higher branch "Ugh I hate snakes" I said just enough for het to hear. "Well how do you feel about trees?!" She asked with a crazy look on her face. Suddenly the tree started to shake as I fell off. She swung the tree around "I like trees" I nervously chuckled as I braced for impact, squeezing my eyes close as I did so. But I didn't feel anything, I heard wood dropping on the ground beside me. 

Zatz POV:

I took Crimson moon and quickly rushed past Maya as I sliced the tree in half. "Enough Acat" I said making Acat lower her guard. "I've been protecting Maya, so please do not hurt her" I said receiving a gasp from Acat "I will explain it all to you, only if you promise not to hurt Maya" I told her. Maya stood up and came to me "Are you sure she's not going to snitch about us?" She whispered "No. Acat is my girlfriend"  I said making Acat smirk "Yes I am" she said walking over to kiss me.

Maya POV:

I covered my eyes with my hands "Ew" I said "Aww jealous princesita?" Acat said "I get it I'm single." I groaned as I rolled my eyes. "Now I expect an explanation mi principe" She said coldly. We sat down as Zatz explained about how Lady Micte chose him to take me but instead she commanded him to hide me and protect me bla bla bla. Whatever.