Redemption

Maya POV:
After the tragic incidents of yesterday, we began our journey to fulfill the true prophecy. We ride Colmillo and bump into a familiar goddess along the way. A certain tattoo goddess approached us "Zatz?" She started, but Zatz just looked away as she looked guilty. "I deserve that." She muttered. I was genuinely surprised and confused. "Okay, why is it so awkward between you two? I'm sensing a lot of tension here." I spoke "Acat shows no honor to anyone." Zatz snarled "Me and Zatz.... Are no longer together." She said sadly "You were right Maya. Despite her lacking honor, she is always showered with praises and honoring gifts. She does not deserve that." Zatz said angrily as Acat turned away sadly.

It wasn't normal for me to feel this way but I genuinely felt bad for her. I walked over to her and patted her back until she calmed down.

Zatz POV:
As we journeyed through the endless forest, we ran into the last goddess I wanted to see. Acat. As dishonorable as it was, I ignored her as much as I could. As she explained what happened, I fumed with anger as I realized she doesn't have honor at all anymore. Out of spite, I started confronting her about it. It felt wrong but right at the same time.

I saw Maya walk towards Acat and calm her down. It felt heartwarming. Princess Maya is full of honor. I apologized to Acat for speaking out of turn. She warned us about Xtabay being sent to take Maya. She also asked to join us and Maya agreed. I felt compassion from Maya. She is truly honorable.

Looking at her show compassion and forgiveness towards Acat made my heart flutter. I felt heat rise up to my cheeks as I realized...

I loved her.