Explanation

Maya POV:
I woke up feeling a little more content, knowing that Zatz would no longer bring me to Lord Mictlan. I went to eat breakfast with my parents. Zatz came in the room a little later on "Princess Maya, we must go soon" my parents looked at me with a hint of sadness in their eyes, they they eyed Zatz angrily. I noticed this and looked at Zatz "Is it ok if I stay a little longer? If you would like why not eat with us?" He seemed taken aback with my offer. My parents looked at me in confusion "I believe Lord Mictlan would allow it to be quite later than he expected" he walked over to me "Are you sure about your offer princess?" he asked which I answered with a nod "It would be unhonorable to decline" he said sitting across my father. "Dad, me and Zatz here had a little talk last night" I said seeing a hint of surprise on Zatz' face as my mother looked angry "He is a half-human like me. His mother was human. He also told me that Lady Micte sent him to hide me from lord Mictlan. I trust him." I said glancing at the said demi-god and seeing as my parents' feature softened. "I apologize if I have caused you any trouble King and Queen Teca" said Zatz as he stood up. "Princess Maya, we must go. Mictlan has probably sent more gods to fetch you." he said as I nodded. I hugged my parents goodbye, and continued with Zatz.