Chapter 7

Chapter 7 – Open ears, wide eyes and crossed paths

AJ opened his eyes and the memories of last night started to flood his head. He stared up at the roof of his room and within seconds he broke down. Roman's wife, Tasia, walked into the room and quickly engulfed her brother into a well needed hug. She cradled his body as he soaked her shirt in tears. There weren't tears of pain but tears of understanding. He was finally coming to terms with his life and it was a battle for him to process it all. It was hitting him head on and the only thing he could do was cry. Cry, cry, cry and cry.

Tasia could feel the tension in his body. Her heart felt for him. Her spirit wanted to console him. She needed to be here for him now more than a woman has ever. She was filling a void that his mother couldn't fill in this moment and this was something that AJ desperately needed to feel. He needed this love. He needed this touch. He needed to feel wanted by someone.

His crying started too died down and AJ shifted his head from her stomach to her lap. He closed his eyes but the tears still fell from them.

"I know how it feels to have your life falling apart." She spoke softly. "But it all gets better." She stroked his hair as he slowly started to fall sleep. "You have to keep faith and know that there is always an end to every hurricane because it never lasts forever."

"Babe ha—"

"SHHHH!" She waved her husband away and he quickly felt out of the room, mouthing a quick 'I'm sorry' on his way out.

"You have family that's here to love you and care for you..." She looked down at his tear stained cheeks and red nose and smiled. "I love you and I care for you Alexander and I'm going to be here whenever you need me to be." She kissed his cheek, carefully getting up from the bed she placed his head under a pillow. She pulled the blanket over his body then left out of the room.

"You will survive."

Sasha sat in her office going through her emails. Only those marked as 'important' got her attention before she moved unto other things. She read through, gave necessary responses and cleared the clutter. She was tired but had to stick it out.

"Only two more hours Sasha." She mumbled to herself. She shut down her computer before moving unto her voicemails. She went through a few from family members, her staff and many from Roy, which she deleted as soon as the first syllable left his lips, but the last voice caught her attention.

"AJ called me?" She asked herself, unsure of the time until it hit her. "Fuck!" She cursed at herself. She was upset that she missed his calls. She continued to listen on, feeling the emotions in his voice. She felt greatly for him, she really did. She knew he was going through a hard time, but the magnitude of his current state was never considered.

She skipped over the other voicemails, planning to return to them later. Redialing his number, it rang until she too was met with voicemail. Call it karma or what you may but this wasn't funny at all. She huffed dialing his number once again, but the outcome was the same.

Not bothering to call, she decided to send him a message or two.

Hey AJ [Sent, 4:47 PM]

Sorry I missed your calls last night, I should've answered. Lol. [Sent, 4:47 PM]

Hopefully when you see this you can give me a shout?