Chapter 9

Chapter 9 – Savior

His eyes fluttered open as they adjusted to the dim morning light that shined through his green curtains. Through the partially thin material, he could see heavy water droplets sitting on the windowpane. His eyes moved from the glass pane to the picture that stood on the nightstand. It contained a picture of him, his sons and his daughter. The oldest on his back, the younger snaked around his leg and the youngest in his arms. He smiled looking at their smiles, a representation of simpler times filled with immense love.

The door to his room opened and two little beings walked in. They walked around the bed until their beautiful caramel faces were in his vision.

"Good morning grandpa!" They greeted with the most lifting smiles on their faces. "Good morning." He greeted them back.

Kash and Kate climbed into their grandfather's bed and lied on both sides of Armani. He pulled them closer to him as they laid in complete silence. Kash's hand found his way into his granddad's beard and he snaked his tiny through the low hairs.

Armani looked between his grandchildren and smiled. He desperately wished that his late grandson would be here at this moment but unfortunately for him, he was in a better place.

"Grandpa, I miss Mani." Kash spoke up. His voice was low and sad and it broke Armani's heart that at such a young age he lost someone so close to him. "Me too..." He trailed off.

"Kash and Kate I've been looking for you. It's time for you guys to get ready for school." Roman walked into his father's room to see his children laying with his father.

"We're sorry daddy." Kate spoke up in her adorable time voice. "It's okay baby girl." Once they were out of the bed, he leaned down and kissed their foreheads before he directed them to his wife.

Armani sat up in his bed with his emotions on full display. Roman could see his father's eyes gloss up and he took that as a sign to be a shoulder for his father. He walked over to him and sat next to him. He placed his hand over his father's shoulder and Armani wrapped his hand around his son's back.

"Where is AJ? He asked. Since he showed up to the house when they were setting up for the memorial, they haven't seen him at all nor have they heard from him. The funeral was tomorrow, and they had to meet with the pastor to run through the service.

"He was with Kai for a few days." Roman responded. They continued to sit in silence as the rain then began to fall against the window. "They said it's gonna rain right through the rest of the week..." He then trailed off.

They sat down in silence, not too sure what to say. Both of their minds were set on AJ and how the day was going to progress into the remainder of the week. They had no idea what lied ahead but they were going to be there whenever AJ needed someone to talk to.

Kai looked back at a passed-out AJ laying on the floor of his living room. He sighed, looking back into the phone, Sasha had a face of never-ending worry. He had no idea what to do or say to ease the pain AJ was feeling. However, he knew he had to be a system for him going through this hard time.

"How is he Kai?" Sasha asked. Kai inhaled then exhaled before he could answer the question. "Worse than he's ever been." He ran a hand down his face in exhaustion.

"I'm getting a flight out there right now." Sasha got out of bed and made her way into her closet. "No Sasha—"

"I don't wanna hear it Kai! He's struggling and lost! I'm not gonna sit by and let him go through this alone!" She fussed, her emotions also getting the best of him. "Fine but when you get here, what will you do?" He asked and she paused in place, pondering on the question at hand.