Chapter 15

Chapter 15 – Changes

Once Sasha was back on her plane to LA, it was time for Alexander to get his head in the game. He contacted his lawyer and they've been working through the many different strategies for his cases. His counter suit for his mother was signed and sealed and soon to be delivered via victory. Now Chloe was another case.

She has been doing everything in her power to prolong the divorce process. It's been two weeks since their first court date. She's been refusing to sign the final paperwork because she isn't satisfied with the offer AJ was giving to her. She was denied alimony due to AJ not having any income and no spousal support since she was the sole breadwinner in the relationship since AJ was never able to get a well-paying job due to his record. He's even been lucky to get $17.50 an hour working at FedEx and to make a proper check he had to work more then one position and extended work hours.

"You got to be fucking kidding me!" AJ's mother, Martha, screeched. She marched into the room she shared with Chloe. "A counter suit!? For $30,000?!" Her entire face was red.

Chloe looked at her with raised eyebrows. She watched as the paper held in Martha's hands crinkled the more she read on. She looked away to pay attention to the picture of AJ, Armani and herself she managed to save from the fire. The longer she looked on the more the smiles on the faces mocked her.

STUPID BITCH! COULD'VE BEEN LIVING GREAT BUT LOOK AT YOU! NOTHING BUT OA WORTH LESS TWO DOLLAR WHORE!

'She shook her head, reading them of the negative thoughts that began to swarm. Or were they more so negative truths? She could've been satisfied with the hand she got dealt but greed and selfishness got the best of her. Why would such a young and beautiful woman want to tie herself to a man that she wasn't in love with. Why would she willingly have a child that she wanted nothing to do with in the first place. Maybe all this could've been avoided or it could've worked out for the best but now there isn't a way to find out. Not only did she destroy families, she killed a being that was formed from her very own body. She allowed her thoughts to overrule her better judgement and now she's paying the ultimate price by living with guilt that was starting to become harder to deal with. No matter what how much water she drinks the pill will always be hard to swallow. It was probable never going to go down anyway.

"I don't give a fuck what you do! You better make his ass miserable! I want you to milk him and that retched family for everything that got! You hear me?! I will not rest until another house is in flames! I will get what I want and I don't care if another baby has to die for me to get it!"

Chloe's head snapped up hearing the rest of Martha's rant.

"What did you just say?" She asked. She slowly stood to her feet as she turned towards her mother-in-law. Martha looked at her tear stained face and instantly rolled her eyes. "Oh don't give me this crap. You wanted an out and you have one. Now wipe your tears and get your shit together. We have shit to do." Martha order while turning her back to Chloe as she continued to read the counter suit papers.

"I will not have the death of anymore kids on my head! So if this is what you're gonna do then you're on your own!" Chloe started to gather her bags to leave. Martha heard the shuffling and peeked over she shoulder to see her making her way for the door.

"If you walk out that door I bet Alexander would love to know that his precious Armani isn't actually his."