Chapter 13

Chapter 13 – Trouble in the ER

Pacing the floor of the hospital, Sasha couldn't help the uneasy feeling that filled her soul. Something in her spirit was letting her know that something wasn't right, but she couldn't quite put a finger on it. All she knew was that this was just the tip of the iceberg and it was causing anxiety to rise within her. She got the scare of her life and she didn't even know the first step to take without breaking down.

AJ's family rushed inside of the hospital lobby with eyes searching frantically for Sasha. Roman's eyes spotted her across the lobby and he quickly made his way to her side.

"Sasha what happened?" He asked. She jumped at the sudden sound of his voice. She tried her best to calm her nerves but every time she closed her eyes she couldn't get the picture of a shivering Alexander out of her mind. That caused tears to well in her eyes. She was starting to hyperventilate.

"You guys try to calm her down while I'll go and check with the front desk." Armani quickly made his way to the receptionist while the others guided Sasha to the nearest seat. Tasia dived into her purse and pulled out a dollar bill and handed it to Zaria.

"Go and get her water from the vending machine." Zaria nodded then stride over to the machine in the far end of the lobby.

"C'mon Sasha...deep breaths...yes, that is...deep breaths." Roman was able to coach her through it but her eyes still let her tears fall. "Just take your time and tell us what happened."

Zaria returned with the water and handed it to Sasha. She took it and quickly downed half of the bottle within two seconds.

"Thank you." She whispered.

"When I woke up AJ wasn't in bed..."

With last night still playing through her mind, Sasha rolled over onto her back with a smile on her face. She never felt a heat so intense before, but AJ seemed to have lit some type of fire inside her soul. Her skin still tingled from his nibbles and kisses.

"Good...morning..." She looked around the bedroom looking for any signs for Alexander but the only thing out of place was his empty spot in the bed.

"Alexander!?" She called out loudly but got silence in response. Now Sasha was truly worried. It wasn't like him to get up and disappear without her knowing. She reached for her phone and quickly called his number. It rang, rang, rang, rang and rang. She hung up then hurriedly fit her feet into her slippers before rushing through the house.

"Alex, where are you!?" She called again and still no answer.

After searching every corner of the house the only place left was the yard. She rushed out the front door and onto the porch. His car was still parked. There was an uneasy feeling in her gut, and she couldn't ignore it. She just knew wherever he was, he needed help.

Knowing that the grounds of the estate would be too long to search for herself alone. To make it quicker she started to track his phone but a small shadow in the corner of her eye caught her attention.

"AJ is that you?" She asked moving towards the corner of the porch.

She looked at the side of the house to see AJ's phone lying on the stone walkway. She quickly jumped over the railing and down the path, picking it up, her contact was on the screen.