Chapter 14

Chapter 14 – Same Page

Who knew that someone you've only known for a little over a month could be the one to fill you with hope? Who knew that just having someone to talk to, to show your pain, to let the trauma out, could feel so inspiring? Who knew in little to no time that simple conversations could run so deep that love would've been the result? Hell, being in love is only a mile away for the two.

That's what swirls around Sasha's mind every day since that moment in the hospital. It's been three day and Alexander still hasn't been released yet. The doctors decided to keep him for a week for observations since his blood pressure and heart rate keeps rising at abnormal rates. Sasha knew that he would have to go back to taking stronger medication and that worried her, but she knew that he'd be alright.

On another note, her time in Virginia was ending and she had to head back to LA in a day or two. She had at least three months of work she could no longer put on hold. From her clothing line, music, campaign ads, appearances and further development of her business, Sasha was booked. She wasn't sure when she'd be able to have leisure time to spend with family or ever travel to see AJ for a weekend. Now that they were on their way of being exclusive, it was going to be a challenge, but they were going to get through it.

"Sasha, did you hear a word I said?" She snapped out of her train of thought before focusing back on her sister. "Huh?" She asked. Grace rolled her eyes with a sign.

"I asked you if you finalized the plans for Stacy's shower. Cole's going on a press tour and Stacy wants to tell him before he leaves." Grace stated. Sasha exhaled, the stress of work already overpowering her mood. She didn't want to go back but she made promises and was dedicated to what she made plans for. "I'll call Stace to find out what date is best. I just have to give the planner the details I wrote down and all will be set." She made it sound so simple, which it could be, but she knew it was also going to be a bit of work.

Grace looked at her sister and could tell that something was off. Sasha had a very disconnected look on her face. It was like her soul was somewhere else other than in the present. Grace was about to question her sister, but Sasha cut her off.

"Grace lemme call you back." Sasha then hung up before her sister could even get a chance. She rushed upstairs to freshen up before pulling on whatever article of clothing her hands touched. It was a simple outfit yet cute enough for what she was planning to do.

Sasha walked through the hallways of the hospital, quickly navigating her way to Alexander's room. She knocked on the door then waited for an indication to come in. She heard a muffled shout to enter, and she did as told. She walked in to see Alexander standing at the foot of the bed in basketball shorts and a tank top. In front of him was a backpack which was open in front of him.

"So you weren't gonna call me or nothing?" She asked to make her presence known. AJ jumped by the sudden found of her voice before he turned around. "Oh hey, Sash!" AJ perked up and quickly made his way over to her. He placed a kiss on her lips, but she didn't return the gesture. She just stared at him with a blank expression.

"Man, don't do that to me." He sighed, defeated. "I was tryna surprise y'all but your impatient ass just couldn't wait until I got home." She rolled her eyes, knowing he was right. However, she would never admit it.

"Whatev—Mhhh!" She melted into the kiss as AJ wrapped his eyes around her waist to pull their bodies closer together as their mouths moved in heated sync. Her eyelids fluttered closed, any slight annoyance she felt towards him instantly flew out the window. She placed her hands on his arms to hold her up as her knees started to give out. Sensing that she was slipping out of his grasp, AJ lifted her by the waist, wrapping her legs around his. His hands rested under her thighs for perfect support.