Wedding Traditions

"Look at you two adorable babies," Natalie practically squealed as Olivia and Spencer approached her and Rosalia outside the street entrance to an observatory deck in Hudson Yards two days later.

She had wanted to take Spencer and figured late on a Monday night, there wouldn't be many people there. She'd had to turn down plans with Rosalia and Natalie as a result when they texted her and of course when they found out why, they had begged to join even if only for a little bit to meet Spencer. Neither of them cared a lick about sports so they hadn't heard about Spencer's move until she told them. Her messages hadn't known peace in the roughly 36 hours since.

They both hugged Spencer like they'd known him as long as they'd known Olivia. "We're so excited to meet you!" "Omg, so handsome, Liv!"

The way Rosalia genuinely whispered "I'm so happy for you" to Olivia when hugging her had almost made her cry.

They peppered Spencer with questions about his likes and dislikes on the entire elevator ride up to the top floor and chatted about places in the city he might like, as though they'd formed some sort of welcome committee. He was just as engaged and asking them questions in return about themselves and the city.

"How do you feel about sushi?"

"Love it. That's what we had on our first non-official date," Spencer turned to wink at her, making her roll her eyes and shake her head with a smile.

"I'm going to ignore this adorableness because I can't take it in this small space but Liv, we'll have to all make a trip to that new sushi spot in Chelsea when you two get back from the wedding," Natalie spoke over her shoulder as they stepped off the elevator.

"I'm sorry," she mumbled to Spencer when her two friends were distracted.

He smirked. "What for? They clearly love you." She smiled at him and then at her friends fondly.

As they wandered around the deck, Rosalia and Natalie disappeared, leaving her and Spencer standing alone with a view of the Empire State Building.

"I love this view. Makes me feel small," Olivia sighed.

"And that's a good thing?"

"Yeah," she smiled. "Reminds me how much of the world is out there when I get caught up in my own shit. Life goes on and there's no use worrying so much about small stuff. Especially when we have all this in front of us."

Olivia turned to find him giving her that awed, half-lidded look of his from under his fitted hat with a small smile on his face. They'd been trying to avoid attracting attention so she also had on a bucket hat of her own.

She smiled at him. "What?"

He shook his head once. "I'm so in love with you," he said softly, his gaze holding hers as he tugged her hat down a bit and then swept her hair behind her shoulder. Her soft smile widened into a full grin.

Olivia leaned forward to kiss him, her hands sliding from his jaw to loop her arms around his neck. She turned to face the skyline and leaned her head against the side of his, feeling his arms loop low around her back as they both looked through the glass.

Suddenly she gasped and turned to look at him with wide eyes and a wider grin. "Do you know how many fortune tellers there are here?! So many opportunities!"

He eyed her, "woman, don't play with me."

She threw her head back and laughed, not even a little intimidated. She felt him take advantage of her position, repeatedly pressing kisses into the most sensitive spot on her neck before pulling away to watch her laugh.