8

(Greetings and salutations, welcome to my SWs brainrot! On today's episode, I'm gonna make myself cry with a Canon Divergence!)
(Content warnings: Order 66, swearing, blood, and a minor injury.
Also shout out to Satan_Incarnate_666 for helping me with some descriptions <33)

The sounds of battle deafened his ears, the flashes of gunfire no longer a headache inducing sight. Being hidden was the last place he wanted to be, but without a weapon, it would be idiotic to go out. The beast he had to charge forward was dead a few feet away, the poor thing. He just had to wait now, he had sent his coordinates to Cody. The Jedi peered out from his cover and saw the familiar armored man approaching. He gave a wave, ushering the already jogging commander over.

"How is it looking out there, Cody?" Obi Wan asked, watching the other tug off his helmet and hold it at his side. There was something dark and unfamiliar in those addictive golden eyes, something that was saddening. He would give some reassurance that the war would be over but...he couldn't say something that could be a lie. Not to Cody. The silence after the question didn't last long, the familiar noise of a lightsaber igniting and the blue light flooding the area.

Held tight in Cody's hand was the Jedi's lightsaber.

His gloved thumb still rested over the ignition button, lingering there for another second before gripping the hilt. Obi Wan raised a brow, looking at his commander in confusion. The arm moved, pointing the tip of the blade above his heart, some fabric tearing at the movement. Immediately the Jedi ducked out of the way as it was thrust forward with no hesitation, hurriedly getting back on his feet after.

Now the darkness made sense. Not complete sense, but some things could be pieced together.

Despite how well Cody welded the blade, Obi Wan managed to dodge every attack. He couldn't get any words out from the shock of the situation. This couldn't be a willing betrayal, this wasn't anything Cody would do. This wasn't his commander.  His commander would never look at him with raw hatred in his eyes, would never try to kill him with his own weapon. If his life wasn't in such sudden peril, Obi Wan could've chuckled at the irony of it.

A stray blaster shot hit the Jedi in the shoulder, catching him off guard. Easily Cody was able to push him down, pointing the blade yet again above his heart. Thoughts rushed through his mind, accessing the situation and possible solutions. But there was no plan. Despite how he could likely at least get his weapon back, that didn't get rid of the fact that Cody still had his blaster. Killing the commander wasn't an option.

"What happened, Cody?" Obi Wan managed to ask, voice cracking with the duel amount of pain he felt. The commander seemed to be startled by that, head tilting to the side in confusion.

"You damn know what happened, traitor." He spat out, a glare now directing itself towards the Jedi. But that anger was met with furrowed brows. Frantically, he tried to remember what he could have done that would count as betrayal to the Republic but nothing came to mind. The long list of regrets he'd committed had no treason on it.

"The hell are you talking about, Cody? I haven't done anything, you know this!" The hand holding the lightsaber seemed to jerk at that, a mixed expression on Cody's face. It shut off, the commander kneeling beside Obi Wan with narrowed eyes. He still was ready to commit the killing blow, but at least there seemed to be time to reason with him.

"It isn't just you. All the Jedi are traitors." The commander replied flatly, glancing at the bleeding wound for a moment. Concern flickered across like fire, but it was snuffed out.

"That makes no sense..." The Jedi trailed off, grimacing slightly. Someone had to have done this to the troops, this wasn't protocol. If it was protocol, it wouldn't be all Jedi, just whatever ones that were off being renegades. Things started to click, though it wasn't emotionally easily to accept. "Who gave the order?"

The commander seemed taken aback by the question, eyes narrowed with distrust but still answering. "The Chancellor."

The Jedi felt sick to his stomach, though that might have also been from the pain. He had enough sense not to curse the man aloud, muttering a quiet "damnit" to himself. "I suppose I can't talk you out of this." It wasn't a question, just a sad fact. "All our years of trust, broken and destroyed because of the Sith...they've already taken so much from me. Why not take you as well?"

At this point it felt like he was giving the last words he would ever say, the saddening ramble ending there. He shut his eyes tightly, letting out a sigh. He expected the brief pain of being stabbed, or even shot but it never came. All that came was the warm hilt of his lightsaber being pressed into his hands. Opening his eyes revealed Cody, sadness tainting his eyes before being hidden behind his helmet.

"Go. I'll say you're dead. Get out of here, go hide somewhere." The commander ordered, offering a hand to help Obi Wan up. "Don't you dare go try to save the others or find them. Just...keep yourself alive, damnit." Despite those words, the hand gripping his didn't let go. Obi Wan didn't want to let go either, tears welling in his eyes before blinking them back.

"You too." He managed to say, letting go. He wanted to ask- no, beg- Cody to find him when it was over, to hide away together and be on the run. But he couldn't figure out how to say it. He let go of the hand, his last connection to love and warmth. He ran, the sound of a blaster being shot out before the commander walked out, shouting about the dead Jedi.

He might have well been dead, for how much blood the Sith have drained from his loving heart.

(This didn't turn out how I expected but I'm proud of it. Anyway don't say shit about Canon Order 66 or I'll marry your mom and dad /lh)