6

(Uh, bad injury mention)
(My brain is refusing to work with requests sorry 😅)

Cody was surprised he wasn't either dead or passed out yet. His eyes was half closed, the blurry sight of metal shards in his legs sickening. He could remember seeing the Sepertist ship start to crash down, the sight of brothers dying from the fire and crashing ship. The commander swore he had managed to run far enough from the sight to not get hit. Maybe it all happened in such slow motion that it felt like a safe distance. He could hear voices approaching, their words mixing together and tones blended. Cody let his eyes fully shut for a moment, nearly screaming at the sharper pain in his legs, eyes flying open. Blood dripped from the piece of metal held in two medics hands, his current state of being aware not yet seen. The smaller shard was quickly taken out as well, this time only having a weak whimper come from Cody. He heard soft talking before the dusty ground became arms carefully lifting him. His eyes closed on their own accord, dizzy from the intense pain. Whoever held him was trying to say something soothing but Cody couldn't understand the words. It felt familar to be in whoever's arms, the commander resting his head against the person's chest.

Then he finally fell asleep in a painful bliss. Occasionally he'd awaken, still held in the stranger's arms for a while. It wasn't until what he could assume of was hours later that he saw bright lights. Cody figured this was either the afterlife or the medic bay, and judging from the voices it was the latter. Carefully, the commander sat up, noticing a soft fabric covering his body. Glancing at the brown cloth, Cody recognized it quickly; Obi Wan's cloak. Shifting the warm article closer to himself, the commander spotted the familiar form of the Jedi asleep in a chair near the bed. Smiling fondly, he leaned as carefully as he could to drape the cloak across the sleeping Obi Wan before getting comfortable in his med bunk yet again, still absolutely exhausted from meds, he assumed.