2

( Satan_Incarnate_666 Remember the thing I was talking about-)

Cody was able to tune out the usual rant about whatever Anakin did now, the commander resting his chin on his palm, much more focused on Obi Wan than what was being said. The Jedi was much too frustrated to notice the staring anyway. Cody already knew how much he loved Obi Wan's voice and what he loved about it, the gentle ring of it wish passion burning inside it as well, the smooth tone better than any sweet in the galaxy. He never got the chance to be this close to the Jedi without his helmet on, and with Obi Wan too focused on his rant, his staring wouldn't be a concern.

Despite the amount of times this occasion happened, Cody was always able to find something new about the Jedi to admire, and look back at old details he already loved fully. The way his eyes spoke most of his emotions instead of his voice was always the first thing he'd notice. The crystal blue color, tinted with turmoil of the war and his past, seemed to almost glow in the lighting. The way his ginger hair seemed to be completely undone by this time instead of the neat style Cody had last seen the Jedi with. The slight curl of the ginger locks looked softer than silk, the commander aching for the chance to comb his fingers through the Jedi's hair, to soothe him from the stress. The messy beard that was often played with when the general was thinking, the commander quietly wondering how it'd feel to be kissed by the Jedi, and how the hair would feel on his own skin.

He'd already seen his general without armor or even a shirt on, so he felt no need to wander his gaze and wonder. He had felt the scarred skin under the Jedi's clothes, had wrapped bandages around the muscles few had probably seen. The commander flicked his gaze to the general's lips, the bitten texture still looking irresistible. His gaze trailed to Obi Wan's neck, his breath hitching for a second. Cody never payed too much attention to the Jedi's neck when he was attending wounds, yet couldn't help but wonder how the skin would look bitten and lovingly bruised, the commander slightly shaking his head to snap his thoughts away from such forbidden daydreams. Unfortunately, Obi Wan noticed the slight head shake, the Jedi tilting his head. Cody hoped he didn't shake his head at the wrong moment, cursing the fact that he could tune out his beloved Jedi's words so easily.

"I must be boring you, Cody, I'm sorry," Obi Wan murmured, his eyes softening as they looked at the commander's face. Cody was quick to shake his head; he could never be bored of his Jedi. The amused expression that would usually cross the Jedi's features when he had a witty response already planned made Cody's heart jump slightly. Obi Wan was smart, yes, but he couldn't have just now caught onto the crush. He hoped so, at least, the commander doing his best to remain neutral. However Obi Wan said nothing more, gently patting Cody's knee before standing. "I hope you enjoy the rest of your evening, Cody," the Jedi murmured, the soft grin on his face saying much more than those simple words. However Cody couldn't give a full response to the gentle goodbye, the commander's eyes almost widening in flustered fear. As Obi Wan left the room, Cody watched him, his heart racing rapidly. The commander tried to calm himself, knowing he needed to sleep and rest. But the racing worries of tomorrow and the future clutched at his mind and heart.

The general knew about the crush.