3

(Self indulgent fluffy angst because my eyes have seen sin today)
(Also real bad torture is here thanks to Satan_Incarnate_666, so...sorry Obi- also this was longer than I thought-)

The rescue mission was starting to feel hopeless. Cody had started to lose hope, ready to give up and go home when he heard a weak voice say his name. Despite the weak, pained tone, he was able to recognize the voice; it was Obi Wan. Disregarding the orders of reporting if he found anything, the commander rushed towards the call. The second he saw a doorway, he tore his helmet off to at least be a familar face to his general, the sound of the piece of armor hitting the metal floor barely even a concern. The smell of fresh and old blood, as well as salt hit Cody's nostrils like a sickening scent, the commander almost gagging from how strong it was. However the smell wasn't the worst part of the room; the sight of the Jedi was perhaps the worst thing he'd seen so far in the war.

"General- you look like hell," Cody rushed towards the Jedi, almost flinching at the closer view of just how bad the injuries on his body were. The commander could swear he could even see cuts so deep to bone, trying his best to not cry at the sight. He noticed Obi Wan's wrists chained against the wall, hurriedly going to break the cuffs. Panic arose in him if the Jedi was even alive, catching one of Obi Wan's arms to check for a pulse. It was weak, but it was definitely there, the commander gasping in relief. A closer look at the Jedi's wrists showed a horrible amount of struggling against the tight bounds, Cody frowning slightly in worry. He didn't even want to think of what happened to Obi Wan while he was here, grimacing at the amount of scarring and fresh wounds on his general's chest, back, arms, even his neck. Carefully, the commander set the arm down, looking around the room. Nothing caught his attention that said just what was used against Obi Wan, a slight feeling of relief settling in his mind.

He was about to report that he had found the general and that medical help was needed immediately when Obi Wan stirred, his eyes starting to open. Cody focused his attention back to the Jedi, looking at him worriedly. He tried to reassure the Jedi that he was safe, but the wide, fearful look stopped him. He didn't like the look in Obi Wan's crystal eyes, it wasn't one he'd ever seen before. He felt sick at the thought that someone had made the general- his general- look in fear. A weak cough rattled the beaten and broken body before Obi Wan could speak, his tone cracked with alarmed worry. No, fearful worry.

"Cody, get out of here!" The Jedi forced a shaky hand up, trying to push the commander away. The shove didn't do much, more like a pressure on his chestplate than anything else. Cody frowned, catching Obi Wan's hand in his own. Despite how much pain the Jedi was in, he still tried to push Cody back, a small groan of pain breaking whatever sentence he was attempting to give next. Cody carefully made sure Obi Wan would stay still, worried for the man's health. "They'll hurt you more if-"

"Obi Wan, you're safe now," Cody interrupted, softly squeezing the hand he held. That didn't seem to soothe the panic stricken Jedi at all, the commander remembering the reaction Obi Wan had had to him. "I'm fine, sir. I wouldn't have gotten myself in here if I was injured after all." That seemed to dim down the fear glittering in the general's eyes. But then confusion started to dimly light beneath the pain and fear, Obi Wan quickly looking over the commander. Obviously checking for wounds, but none could be found. That brought more questions into Cody's head, wondering why he was a concern for this sickening torture.

"I heard you..." The Jedi whispered, silently trying to work out the contrasts in his head. He was silent for a moment before newfound fear sparked like a fire, tears even streaking down his dirt coated face. "You need to save the others! Anakin, Ahsoka, Satine...please, Cody!" The plea was desperate, begging even. Cody hid his confusion, knowing that the first two were definitely okay. He hadn't heard about Satine, however, and didn't have an exact way to check if she was safe. But he couldn't leave his Jedi in fear, gently letting go of his hand to cup both his cheeks, carefullu forcing Obi Wan to look him in the eyes. Cody gently wiped the tears away, silently taking a deep breath before speaking.

"I promise you, sir, that General Skywalker, Ahsoka, and Duchess Satine are all okay and unharmed." The commander whispered gently, praying his words were true. "They're all okay, Obi Wan," he added in a softer tone, watching the flame of fear start to dwindle down. He couldn't feel full relief yet, the general still needed medical attention...he just wished that could also cover whatever mental damage the bastards had caused. Obi Wan took a deep breath, leaning into the touch slightly.

"I heard you the most," the Jedi quietly said, his voice wavering with emotion. Cody raised a brow, just letting Obi Wan speak. Normally the Jedi kept everything bottled up, so he wasn't about to stop him now. "Your screams, almost begging for death..." His words trembled and stopped him from speaking further, more tears streaking down his face. Cody quickly wiped those tears away, the commander aching to just hold the other close. Footsteps signalled the rest of the search party found the room, but the commander was too focused on making sure Obi Wan was okay. "Stay with me, please." The Jedi whispered as other troops walked in, immediately calling for medical help.

"Of course," Cody whispered, letting his hands drop from the general's face, ready to help him up when the stretcher arrived. He kept close to his Jedi, too scared of harming him to even wrap an arm around the other to comfort him. His presence alone seemed to be soothing to Obi Wan, the Jedi seeming to calm down slightly. Time seemed to be moving much faster, medics soon arriving and Obi Wan soon carefully settled into a stretcher. As promised, Cody didn't leave his side, mumbling that it was the general's orders if anyone tried to protest. The Jedi had ended up passing out from pain, his hand still tightly clasping he commander's. 
Due to how many wounds and just how deep some were, emergency surgery needed to be done and Cody knew he couldn't stay for that. He felt anxious the entire time waiting, dreading the thought of losing the Jedi he held dearly to his heart almost choking him.

After what was an endless amount of hours, Cody was finally allowed back in the room. Immediately, the commander felt his heart break at the sight of bandages, casts, and the Jedi being hooked up to machines just to live. Cody gently cupped Obi Wan's cheek again, this time bare handed instead of gloved. The Jedi stirred at the touch and opened his eyes eventually, at first in fear but then softening when Cody was seen. The commander didn't say anything, nor did the Jedi. For the longest time, the silence was comfortably held. Eventually Cody spoke, his voice soft and barely above a whisper.

"Why was my voice used?"
The question hung like a fog for a while. Obi Wan seemed almost hesitant to answer, his gaze shifting away briefly. Cody mentally cursed himself for asking such an obviously sensetive question so soon, scolding himself for not thinking ahead. "That is, if you want to answer that, sir." He quickly added, clearing his throat. The general slightly shook his head, giving a reassuring smile towards the commander. Obi Wan took a deep breath before answering, an awkward smile playing on his chapped lips.

"I believe they used voices of the people I...care about...for further torture," the Jedi mumbled, averting his gaze from Cody. For a moment, the commander was confused. He didn't understand why it was such a huge deal until he remembered that Obi Wan was a Jedi, and that meant there was a strict code about attachments. For a moment, Cody wondered if he was simply a friend or if it was more, but quickly dismissed the thought of being more. "I believe yours was used more due to how much I love you, commander." His Jedi's voice was soft, a hesitant sense of honesty lacing the words like sugar. For a moment, Cody couldn't respond, completely caught off guard that Obi Wan was breaking perhaps one of the most enforced rules he knew of. But the shock was soon replaced by a fluttering feeling of happiness. Unable to verbally respond, the commander softly kissed the Jedi's forehead, hoping that conveyed that he felt the same way. Judging from the soft grin that formed on Obi Wan's face, and the pale pink dusting his cheeks, Cody took that as a yes, he was silently understood.