~°10°~

(part two to,,,I think chapter eight. Idr.)
(NOTE: THIS WAS WRITTEN BEFORE THE KENOBI SERIES CAME OUT. DO NOT COMMENT SPOILERS FOR IT OR COME AT ME SAYING "bUt ThAt'S iMpOsSiBlE"!!!)

He hated Tatooine. Always did, it was a pain to get sand out from grooves in armor, it chipped at paint, and it always managed to blow right into his mouth. Despite that it was a desert planet, it felt...colder. With the knowledge of everything that happened, it made sense. At least nobody figured out he was lying.

It was a pain in the ass to figure out where to go, but all things considered...this was likely the best planet to be on. Anakin never did like this damned planet, so the likely-hood of him coming here to find him was low. Though there was probably already other Jedi-hunting plans being made.

How did anyone let it get that far? Did they all really not notice the- no, not again. He's already poured over the past too much, trying to find red flags he could've burnt. It wasn't going to do anyone any good to think like that.

Living alone, and far away from everyone else, was fine. The less innocent people he put in danger the better. It was lonely, sure, but that was fine. He could handle it. There were people he missed, but most of them were dead. It wasn't like they could visit. 

Visitors were rare, and even when they came, it was never for pleasure. Salesmen or just someone thinking his home was abandoned and wanting free shelter. He didn't turn the latter away, but they weren't exactly company. They weren't his old master or Satine. They were just some poor bastard stuck on a sandy hellhole.

A knock broke his thoughts. A sturdy and frantic knocking that wasn't someone trying to sell him something useless, but something urgent. Still he opened the door, keeping a hand on his lightsaber. Just in case. 

Cody.

Cody, dressed in Tatooine styled clothes with a blaster on his hip, fragments of his old armor underneath. There was a tie between joy and fear upon seeing him. The last time they spoke was during "order 66". Was he here to finish the job he failed? Or did he rebel the order so strongly that he came here?

"General." He spoke in a soft tone. The kind you'd use on a scared animal. It was a fair tone to use, Obi Wan certainly felt like a scared animal in that moment. "It's alright, I'm alone. I can drop the blaster if you want too." He must've nodded considering the clone slowly unclipped the gun from his waist and set it down, kicking it inside. 

Slightly less unnerved, Obi Wan found his voice. "How did you find me?"

"Searched most of the galaxy for you, sir. Eventually realized that you would've came here due to Ana...Vader's dislike for sand." Cody answered, still speaking gently. The former Jedi swallowed the lump in his throat, throwing his arms around the other man. There was a startled grunt but it was returned just as tight.