Chapter 5

The week after the kiss and telling the girls, i wake up and start getting ready for breakfast and potions.

"Lil, have you told Harry yet?" Hermione asks. I choke on my tooth paste. Shit.

"Erh no." I respond silently cursing myself.

"You need to." She responds.

"Trust me i know Hermione." I say sighing. When Ginny, Hermione and I are ready we walk out the door of the girls dormitory into the common room to see Harry and Ron sitting in the chairs by the fire.

"Hullo Harry... I need to tell you something." I say cautiously. He reads my face and gets the message, and turned towards me instead of Ron.

"Uh Malfoy kissed me yesterday in Potions class." I spit out real fast. He stares at me.

"Draco Malfoy?! The boy who made our lives a living hell?! Are you kidding me?!" He jumps off of the couch yelling at me. I cringe at his words.

"Harry, calm dow-"

"No do not tell me to calm down Lily!" He yells at me. I feel so small.

"Ok ok I'm sorry. But Harry-"

"No no, Lily he is going to hurt you. No i have to end this.-"

"Damn you Harry Potter! I'm trying to speak and you're interrupting me! I am trying to say something! I need to take care of my self just like I did for 11 years at the Dursley's. I love you but leave me be." I yell at him. My arms are on my chest crossed.

"I.. Don't want to see you hurt-" he says in a low voice.

"Let me see where i'm going with this is ok? I got this, and you know I won't do anything unless I want to do it. I love that you are concerned." I smile at him trying to calm him down. I turn around and head to potions.

"Lily you can't avoid him forever." Hermione says.

"I'm not mad at him Mione, i'm just frustrated." I say sighing.

"Oi! Malfoy!" Harry and Ron say in sync walking towards him. Malfoy turns around then ends up on the floor. I hear a lot of gasps and some screams. I gasp as Malfoy is holding his nose with blood in between his fingers.

"You better not hurt her!" Harry screams holding his fist. Draco enraged he stands up still holding his nose.

"Believe it or not Potter but I care for her!" He yells back. Wait, back the truck up, did he just admit that?

"You no good, arrogant Slytherin!." Ron yells

"Tell me something I don't know! The next time you take a shot at me, i'll do one harder." Malfoy says. Harry lunges at him but Ron hold him back.

"Alright that's enough. Harry stop it, let me take care of myself, if i need you i'll tell you. And Malfoy. Do not threaten my brother." I say scolding them. "Come on, let's get you cleaned up." Then Professor Slughorn walks in shocked. "Excuse us professor Slughorn. Harry will explain it all." I say grabbing Malfoy's shoulders and leading him to the girl's lavatory. I rip a paper towel from the dispenser and wet it down.

"No don't do this for me I deserve it." He says pushing my hand away. I frown and put the paper back to his face.

"Stop it, as much as you think you did, you don't." I say dabbing at his nose. I hope he didn't break it.

"But I did. My father sent me an owl yesterday. He wants me to meet him at Borgin and Burkes to get... the mark." He says looking down. I pull my hand off of his face.

"Oh..." I say, not knowing what else to say. "I don't want you to get it." I say looking down.

"I don't either but what am I gonna do? Say no to my father?" He asks.

"I dunno I suppose-" I say still looking down.

"I can't. Have you ever said no to your aunt or uncle who'd punish you if you did?" He asks. He has a point.

"You're right and you know I do, both of them actually. But I can't help it, they're making you do something you don't want to. Try, that's all i'm asking." I say meeting his eyes.

"I don't want it Potter. What more do you want?" He snaps at me. I dab a bit harder to make him wince. Luckily he winces and I glare at him.

"Don't you snap at me. I'm not trying to impose-" I say angry.

"Well imagine! My father is not the kind, patient man that just forgives when you don't live up to expectations! Wake up Potter!" He yells at me.

"Is that was this is? You think you're not good enough? Being put down? You know Malfoy you aren't the only one who was looked down to" I say still angry.

"Yes this is what it is. I am not good enough for anyone! Snape, Dumbledore, you, my father.. The list can go on!" He yells back. He runs his hands through his hair and backs up a bit. I sink low. He really doesn't think he's good enough. I walk closer to him and cup my hand on his cheek.

"Draco you are good enough for me believe it or not. I suppose a mark doesn't totally define who you are. Besides I have plenty of those." I say.

"C'mon the BT doesn't count that's a survival wound." Malfoy chuckles coldly. I frown.

"No, you didn't." He says.

"No one was there to catch me when I fell. Not even Harry." I say looking down.

"Well i'm here now. Give me your wrists." He demands. I cringe when I hike my sleeve up revealing lots of red and pink scars on my arm.

"See, we match." He says. I gasp when he hikes his right arm sleeve.

"Draco. Why?" I say tracing my fingers over the few scars.

"Men fall too." He says his grey eyes falling upon my green ones.

"Well i'm here now." I smile using his words. "Did you really mean it? Saying you care about me?" I ask him.

"Ever since 2nd year. When I saw you in the hospital wing. you looked so helpless. When you were cured you hated talking about it. Made you feel week. That's when I knew." He says.

"You sneaked into the hospital wing to visit me 2nd year, yet you tormented us ever since?" I ask.

"Yes. It was the only way to cover." He says. "It isn't love i'm feeling. I'm incapable. Not that i don't want to feel it. Trust me I do" He says looking down.

"You just need the right person." I say.

"I want you to be the right person." He says looking up.

I smile. "Who knew Draco Malfoy has a soft side." I smile. He smiles back and leans down to leave a small passionate kiss. But that's not enough for me. I lean forward to kiss him more, and he gladly does it some more. When we're both out of breath he leans his forehead against mine.

"We should get back to potions." I say. Draco laughs and takes my hand.

"Let's go." He smiles at me. And i smile. Hopefully, this will last and not end in flames.. I want to be the right person for him...