one

"You're going to have to visit them sooner or later, they're your family" my boyfriend yells, frustrated. "Drop it Cooper, leave me to it" I snap back. "Fucking hell Els what happened to you! You were so close to your parents and especially Olivia. The poor kid tries contacting you and you ignore her" he says. "I've stopped caring Cooper" I say and walk off. "You're not the girl I fell in love with" he says and my heart drops.

Here I am. Two weeks later. Cooper went with Mila and Charlie to Los Angeles to visit everyone and here I am alone in our home in Charleston. Truth to be told, I don't know what happened to me. I guess I just grew up and learnt how to live without them. I know I should talk to them but I just don't. It's been this way for almost two years. I got an acting role away from the US and realised I could do it without them, I wasn't a teenager anymore and I realised that when I stayed in Charleston.

Zoe💕
I'm coming over.

Oh yeah, Zoe moved to Charleston too. It was only minutes before she walked through the front door of my house. "What is up with you?" She asks in disbelief. "What do you mean? I'm good" I say, confused. "Your boyfriend of 10 FUCKING YEARS is at the other side of the country with your kids visiting family and you're not" she says and I just nod. "Okay and?" I say and she sighs. "Watch this" she says and connects her phone to my TV, playing a video on it from my graduation.

"Hi everyone, I'm Madelyn Stokes - Ellie's Mom. I just wanted to say how fucking proud of her I am. How proud of her we all are. Excuse my language. There's a lot people don't know about Els and if they did, they'd be proud of her too. She's the strongest person I've ever met, I honestly don't know how she's done it all and still managed to achieve well. Obviously I'm not her biological Mom but that doesn't matter to me. She's still my eldest child and my baby. I love her just as much. However, when I first met Ellie she was a shy and anxious 13 year old. The more I got to know her, the more I knew how much she meant to me. As the months went on, she became like a little sister to me. But as the years went on, she became my daughter. I can't lie, I had no clue what I was doing but we were going through it together. We had each other and that's all that mattered to us. Now, Ellie is a confident 18 year old who manages to put a smile on anyones face as soon as she walks through the door. I couldn't of done these past few years without you baby girl. Love, Mom"

"Hello guys. I'm Chase. I too can say I'm incredibly proud of my daughter. Although I'll put it in a more family friendly way, unlike my wife. Sorry for that. That's besides the point, the point is that my daughter is here graduating and achieving well. You know, there's not much I expected from Ellie when it came to anything. The only thing I cared about was if she was happy or not. If she was happy, I was happy. There's many things which makes Ellie so unique, the way she can instantly cheer anyone up just by smiling or the way she just clicked with everyone and became family. Before I get upset, I just want to say I love you Els and I couldn't of asked for a better daughter. You've made me so proud in these past few years of being my daughter and I'm lucky to call you my daughter. Love, Dad. Oh and PS, Auntie Maddie and Uncle Drew want to talk so I apologise in advance."

"My baby Ellie. I've always had a soft spot for you, you have me wrapped around your little finger. You always have. You could ask me to do anything and I would for you. I just care so much for you. Watching you grow up these past few years has been amazing. Sure, there's been ups and downs but look at you. Looking all pretty and happy. You've made it, just like I said you would and you never believed me. I'll always remember the days when you would sneak out your apartment without Chase and Maddie knowing at 2am to come talk to me all night about Cooper. Girl, I knew from day one you two were in love so I better see you two getting married. All I ask is for you to keep smiling and making others happy. I love you Els. From your favourite Auntie, Maddie"