seven

Ellies pov
The person that I haven't talked to much since being home is Addie. I'm not sure why but she just doesn't seem up to talking to me that much. "Hey Ads, you good?" I say, walking into her bedroom. "Leave me alone Ellie" she says, harshly. "Why? What's wrong?" I say confused. "What's wrong? Ellie you left us all for 2 years! Mom was sad because of you and Liv wants to kill herself and you walk back into our lives acting like everything's okay?" She says quickly. I didn't expect that from her. She's normally quite shy.

"I'm sorry Addie, I really am" I say, honestly. I wish I never left Los Angeles. I wish I stayed here. "It's too late for that Ellie" she says, pushing past me and slams the door in my face. As I go to walk downstairs, I hear Addie and Finns voices. "She's trying, Addie. Just forgive her" I hear Finn say. I could see the two of them slightly as I peered behind the door. Addie was crying in Finns arms. "She'll just leave us again, Finn" she says. "She won't, it's Ellie. She's here to stay now" Finn reminds her. My heart was melting at the two of them, you could quite clearly see how close their bond was. "Do you not remember how sad Mom was when Olivia was in hospital? Ellie wasn't here then to cheer her up, she probably doesn't even know" Addie says and I must say, I don't know what she means... hospital?

"Liv's mental health is improving...I think. Please Addie, just forget the past and be nice to Ellie. She's our sister and she use to be our best friend" Finn says and Addie agrees. I walk downstairs, pretending I didn't hear anything and Addie joins me shortly afterwards. "I'm sorry, Els. I was being dramatic. It's nice to have you home" she says, hugging me. "Im sorry for leaving, Addie. I love you" I say, hugging her back.

I walk up to Olivia's room, her door was shut so I knock on it until she opens it. "Surf date?" I say and she smiles widely. "The whole fam was heading down to the beach but I suppose you can join on" she says, shrugging. "Shut up you" I say, pushing her shoulder gently. "I've missed you so much. I know I keep saying it but I really have" She says and I just hug her. "I'm yours again" I say, hugging her.

Not long after, we found ourselves at the beach as a family. Except it was no longer 5 of us, there was 10 of us, including my little family. "I've told you, I don't surf anymore" I say to Dad who was trying to force me into the ocean. "Els, stop being boring" Liv says and I get dragged into the ocean by her. I have no other choice but to try surfing again. "See! You haven't lost your skills!" Dad says as he watches me. I was impressed with myself.

We surfed for a little longer before we rejoined the others. "Mommyyyy" Mila says, hugging me. "Hi baby, are you having fun with Grandma" I say and she nods energetically. "Yeah, I missed her so much" she says which makes me feel guilty. "It's alright Els, you're here now" Cooper says, rubbing my back as he could tell I was feeling guilty. "Can I talk to you?" Cooper asks and I nod and follow him.

"A few weeks ago I said you're not the same girl I fell in love with" he says and I nod, remembering it all too well. "I'm sorry for saying that. I loved you then and I love you now" he says. "I know, I'm sorry for acting like a bitch" I say and kiss him. Our relationship wasn't going to great recently but hopefully this is the turning point.

"Ellie! Come for a photo!" Henry says and I do. It was pretty cute so I posted it on my Instagram.

@elliestokes : my baby brother is the cutest 🥺↳ 886 comments @madelynstokes : my eldest and youngest ❤️@cooperpate : cute@madisonlinney : I love you and this and Henry <3@zoe

↳ 886 comments
@madelynstokes : my eldest and youngest ❤️
@cooperpate : cute
@madisonlinney : I love you and this and Henry <3
@zoe.hall : I did that 😁

"It won't be long before we're back to normal. I know it's a little awkward with Addie and that but it's just cause she missed you. It'll be like you never left in a few days" Mom says and I smile. "We should start looking at houses here" I say. "You're moving here? I thought u were just staying for the summer" She adds. "Me and Cooper think we should stay. I know Charleston is like home but you're my family and I'm not leaving you all again" I say and she smiles, hugging me.

Once we got home, I joined Liv in her room. It was pretty late, almost 2am but she wasn't tired and I didn't want her to feel alone. "I remember when you were going through the same thing I am. You seemed like you took it so much easier" she tells me. I could tel, by the tone of her voice how much she was struggling but I was determined to help her. "Trust me, I wasn't" I tell her honestly. "I don't think Mom and Dad know how bad it's gotten, Els" she says, looking at my heartbroken. "What makes you think that" I ask, curiously. "Well I can hide it easily. They've never really questioned why I wear short sleeves or eat when I'm out. I just guessed they didn't realise what was going on" she says. This is new to me. She's never mentioned about the short sleeves, which only meant one thing. I knew about the food though.

"Are you hurting yourself?" I ask, gently. She sighs but nods. "I can't help it Els. I started but I just can't stop myself anymore. I'm too scared to tell Mom incase she will be mad" she says. "I promise she won't be mad. When I was going through the same thing, she was a great help. You don't have to tell her yet if you don't want to but promise you'll come to me when you have that urge again?" I ask and she nods. "I promise" she says and we lay down. "Are you staying here tonight?" She asks me , hopeful.

"Do you want me to?" I ask and she nods. "I haven't been sleeping good recently" she says. I lay down in her double bed next to her and she instantly cuddles me, like she did when she was a child. I wrap my arms around her and when I know she's definitely asleep, I fall asleep myself.

A/N

happy holidays to everyone who celebrates it :)