two

Coopers pov
Here I am, in LAX airport with my kids. Except their Mom isn't here. We are here to visit family of course. My family live here as well as Ellies. I decided to go to Ellie's first - they haven't saw Mila and Charlie in a while. I just wish Els would've joined us.

I pulled up to their house and let Charlie knock on the front door, Madelyn appeared with a smile on her face. "Hi my babiesss, how are you" she says whilst picking her grandson up. "Grandma!" Charlie says hugging her before Mila could. "Hi Coop. How was the flight?" Madelyn says, hugging me too. "Not bad, I'm sorry she wouldn't come" I tell her and she flashes me a sad smile. "Don't worry about it" she says and we walk into the house, greeting the rest of the Stokes family.

"Cooperrrrr" Addie says running up to me and hugging me. "How are ya, Addie?" I ask her, amazed at how much she's grown. "I'm good" she replies and I hear footsteps behind me. I turn around and see Olivia, surprised to see me. "Hi Liv, how are you?" I say and she smiles softly. "I didn't know you were coming, are Charlie and Mila here?" She asks and I nod. "And Els?" She adds with a hopeful smile. I just sigh and shake me head. "Sorry Liv" I say and she just shrugs and walks off. I could've sworn there was tears in her eyes.

"She's been weird recently" Finn mutters whilst Addie agrees. "She's just struggling. What's up Coop" Chase says as he enters the room and gives me a fist bump.

It's been a few hours since I arrived at the Stokes house and Charlie adores his grandparents - especially Madelyn. Whereas Mila was more for Chase. Olivia did join us but she sat next to me on her phone, very quietly. "How's school?" I ask her, trying to make conversation. "Shit" she replies bluntly, without looking up from her phone. "Language Olivia!" Chase says sternly. "What? It's not like you don't do it" she says but Chase just rolls his eyes.

"Cut the bullshit, why isn't Els here? Why has she just cut us out of her life?" Olivia says suddenly which makes everyone confused, nobody expected it. "Look Olivia, I'm so sorry. I don't know" I tell her, completely honestly. "You live with her, how could she not of ever mentioned us?" She says, obviously hurt. "Fuck it, I'm going out with my friends" she says getting up.

"No you're not, you're grounded!" Madelyn yells and Liv just flips her off and walks up to her bedroom. "I'm sorry about that Coop. She's not doing great right now" Chase says and I just nod. "She reminds me of Ellie when she was struggling" Maddie adds. "What did she do to get grounded?" I ask, genuinely curious cause I know Chase and Maddie are really laid back parents.  "She just keeps giving us attitude. I know we shouldn't ground her but we just want her to stop. She won't talk to us either so it's just worrying. Whenever I try to bring it up to talk about her feelings she always says 'you're not Els' and it ends up in a massive argument" Maddie says and it makes me sad.

"I've been trying to get her to visit or even talk to y'all. It's been a weight on our relationship recently" I confess and see Maddie and Chase look disappointed.

"All we want us to hear her sweet voice again, we watch every movie she's in but it's not the same. It's never Ellie's personality. I just miss her" Maddie tells us. "Do you know what happened? Did we upset her?" Chase asks the same question he asks every time I visit. "She hasn't said. Maybe she has to Zoe but she hasn't said a thing to me. She does keep in contact with Madison and Mariah, that's all I know but she's begged them not to tell you two. I don't know why" I tell them but I immediately regret it because they look upset with what they just found out.

Ellies pov
One thing that I enjoy is talking to Madison and Mariah. Although it's mainly just texting, it's still nice. They stopped asking me to talk to the others because I guess they realised I wouldn't.

Me
Hey Bails, how's things?

Madison
It's all good, how are u Els?

Me
Could be better ig but it's alright

Me
I saw Addie's instagram post about
you two travelling, where did you go?
How is she?

Madison
Ohhh so now you care ;)

Me
Never mind

Madison
I'm only joking. I had an
audition in chicago and i know
how much Addie has wanted
to visit there so I took her with me
and we spent a few extra days there
exploring.

Madison
She's really changed since you've
last saw her. She's nothing like you
were but she's a sweetheart. She has
her Auntie Mariah wrapped around
her lil finger, just like you did 🥰

Me
Awww my baby

Madison
HA! So u do miss them??

Me
Zoe showed me a video of the speeches
at my graduation and showed me their
instagrams and it made me realise that
i really do miss everyone. Especially
since Liv isn't feeling the best atm

Madison
Olivias been that way for
quite a while now, Els. She won't
talk to anyone about her feelings.
She always just says "go away you're
not Els"

Me
She does??

Madison
She really does. She doesn't just
want you, she needs you Ellie.

Reading that last sentence was what made me make up my mind. I had to go home. There was simply no other solution. Mom wasn't the same and especially Olivia. I don't want her struggling as much as I did at her age. I felt like I was hopeless even when I had the person I wanted the most support me. Imagine not having that person. I was so close to Olivia, ever since she got adopted and joined our family despite the age gap.

I scrolled through my camera roll until I found a photo of us. I wanted to post it on my Instagram so she could see it. The photo I found was one of the last we had together. It was taken three years ago when I surprised her with a trip to Italy, just the two of us. It was amazing, we spent the entire time surfing, eating pizza and pasta and laughing. It was the best week. Reminiscing on the trip made me feel extremely guilty. We were a duo. Even thought there was years between us, we were best friends. We could spent days on end together and wouldn't be sick of each other, we would still be laughing until we cried.

I think I need her just as much as she needs me.

@elliestokes : i miss you too baby @oliviastokes 💕💞💘↳ 534 comments@zoe

534 comments
@zoe.hall : crying 🥲🥲
@madisonlinney : there's literal tears in my eyes right now. you don't even understand
@oliviastokes : i love you els. come home, pls?

I can't even lie, I had tears in my eyes posting that and even more when I saw her comment. I'm coming, Liv.