six

Ellies pov
"You can't leave again" Mom tells me. I was sat in Rudy's backyard with Mom - just the two of us. It was pretty late so it was quite dark, the only thing lighting the backyard up was the cute little fairy lights. "It was hard without you Els" she adds and I look at her. I didn't know she struggled without me this much. "I thought you wouldn't miss me" I say, honestly. "Are you serious? I spent everyday wondering when I would see you again. Or at least hear you" she tells me with an emotional tone.

"I'm sorry, I really am" I say. "I don't want you to apologise. I just want you to know how much you mean to us all" Mom says. "I missed you all so much too but I just thought I would give y'all time away from me. You and Dad spent so many years worrying about me so I wanted to give you a break. That was kinda the main reason but I never told Coop or Zoe that's why." I tell Mom, letting it off my chest. "I came into your life when you were still young and you had the learn how to be a Mom to me. You couldn't go out clubbing or have fun with your friends like you should've done. I wanted to give you and Dad time away for me because you done so much for me" I say and Mom looks at me, sadly. "Baby, that's not true. You had ups and downs in your teen years but we weren't ever sick of you. Not once did we think that" Mom tells me and I just add, unsure on what to say.

"I'm sorry if you were always worried about me. I guess spending time away from y'all made me think you and Dad were better off with your biological kids, not me" I say. "It's stupid, I know but it's just the way I thought" I say and Mom smiles at me sadly. "We don't love you any less than the others. Truthfully, I always had a soft spot for you. You could ask me for anything and I would do it" Mom says, laughing a little.

"Will you be a part of my life again?" I ask. "Is that even a question, of course" Mom says hugging me. "Back to telling each other everything?" She says, smiling. "I wouldn't want anything else" I say. "I find it crazy how you have two children who aren't tiny anymore" Mom says. "I still remember the first time we were meeting and you sent me photos of your outfit on the plane trip to Charleston. You were so small" She adds. "Little did I know you would be my Mom" I say laughing as we keep talking about anything and everything.

"I heard about how you stopped surfing. You better hurry up and start again" Dad says as he walks into the room. "I don't know, I've probably lost all the skills" I say. "Bullshit. You were amazing, Els. The best I saw. Please?" Dad asks. "You're just like Liv" I say and they both laugh. "But fine, I will" I say and Dad cheers, high fiving me.

"What're you waiting for, let's go" Dad says, pulling me to Liv. "Us three are going surfing. Right now" Dad says and Olivia cheers whilst I just laugh at my family. "We have your old board still" Dad says, handing me it. I look at it and so many memories come back just from this surf board. I grew up with this, it was my comfort item if I'm being honest. "Emotional?" Olivia says sarcastically. "A little" I say honestly.

It didn't take long for us to get down to the ocean and on the waves. "You're so bad" Olivia says, joking. "Girl don't make me come over there and push you in" I say joking, but also truthfully. It took me 20 minutes or so to get the hang of it again and remember all the skills I had previously known. Why did I even give this up? I love it so much. I just feel free whilst surfing.

"Els, you're pretty amazing still" Dad says smiling. "You're not too bad for an old man either" I say, sarcastically. He just leans over to me and pushes me in the ocean. It started a war of all three of us trying to push each other off their boards.

"I've missed this, spending time with you two together" Dad says which makes me smile instantly. "I've missed it too" I say, as well as Olivia. "Are you moving here or still staying in Charleston?" Olivia asks and I shrug. Charlestons always felt like home but right now, I can't leave my family. I've spent too long away from them to just get up and move back to the east coast. "I'll be here for a long time, don't worry Liv" I say, truthfully. I wasn't leaving until I know she's happy again. That's my main goal.

"Will you come watch me compete in world championships?" Olivia asks and look at her in shock, I wasn't told this. "You're in world championships?" I ask, surprised and she nods. "Two months time, in Spain. Please come with me? After all, you're the only reason I started surfing" She asks. I was filled with happiness. I was so proud of her. "Fuck yeah, I'll be there" I say and she smiles. "Stop swearing, you may be an adult but you're still my innocent Els" Dad says. "I mean I did swear when I was 12 because you were a bad influence but whatever" I say, jokingly and Dad just rolls his eyes sarcastically.

@hichasestokes : my favourite thing is watching these two surf with a smile on their face the entire time @elliestokes @oliviastokes↳ 1,220 comments@elliestokes : love you dad!@oliviastokes : ❤️❤️❤️@rudeth : Els surfing again

↳ 1,220 comments
@elliestokes : love you dad!
@oliviastokes : ❤️❤️❤️
@rudeth : Els surfing again. Hell yeah!
@jonasjpate : the best surfers I know 😁
@jonathandaviss : they're looking like twins in this lmfao