three

Coopers pov
"MOM" Olivia screams, loudly and runs down the stairs. She had tears streaming down her cheeks yet she was smiling. I just sat confused. "Huh? What's wrong?" Madelyn asks just ask confused. "Els. Look" she says happily and throws her phone to her Mom. Madelyn has a smile across her face as she looks at whatever is on Olivia's phone.

"She misses me. Does this mean she's going to come home?" Olivia asks, hopeful her sister would come back to her after so many years. "What's going on?" Chase asks. "Look at Ellie's instagram" Olivia says and me and Chase both open our instagrams immediately. When I saw the post, it made me happy. We all sat down to food and Maddie looks happy and then she pulls me to the side. "It's been a struggle to get her to eat recently and look at her" She says and I look over to see Olivia tucking into the food on the table. "Can you please send Ellie a message and thank her, for me?" Madelyn asks me. "Of course Maddie" I say.

It was a shame Maddie couldn't thank her own daughter herself but I had a feeling that soon she would. "Smile" I say to Olivia as I take a photo of her. Thankfully she doesn't question and i send it to Els, alongside a message.

Me
That post made your sister
incredibly happy. Your Mom
says Liv has been struggling
with eating recently and she's
just came down happy showing
us all your post and is tucking into
food with us. Your Mom says thank
you :)

Me

Ellie❤️shit man i'm crying here

Ellie❤️
shit man i'm crying here.
i need to hug her, i'm on my
way. don't tell any of them though

I smile to myself. What changed her? I guess Zoe must've persuaded her or something. "How's the surfing, Olivia?" I ask her. "Tough but I love it. It's the only thing keeping me going" she says, getting sadder towards the end so I tried to lift the mood. "I'd love to go surfing whilst I'm here, wanna join me?" I ask her and she nods excitedly. "What about Addie and Finn? I don't suppose Henry surfs much yet?" I ask. "They all surf but not as much as Finn and I do. Henry loves skateboarding and Addie is does dancing" she tells me.

"Dad, can me and Henry go in the pool?" Mila asks me. I just nod my head, knowing Maddie will sort them out. Mila and Henry have always had a close bond due to the fact they're so close in age, literally an hour!

Madelyns pov
Spending time with family was the best thing. I just wish my daughter would've been here but I don't think that's likely to happen anytime soon. However, having my grandchildren here is amazing. Mila really reminds me of Ellies personality at times and Charlie is more shy. I can totally see Mila being an actress too, if I'm being honest.

"Mom, can I skip training?" Liv comes outside to ask me. I was just sat on the poolside in our garden watching Henry, Mila and Charlie. "You love surf training though? It's a warm summer night why would you want to miss it?" I ask, genuinely curious. "Period cramps" she says almost too suspiciously. I didn't realise until I clicked on that she missed training two weeks ago because she said she had period cramps then too. "You said that two weeks ago, Liv. What's up?" I ask softly.

"Nothings up" she says immediately. "Why don't you wanna go then?" I say but get cut off to Chase coming to join us. "What's happening?" He asks confused. "Dad, can I skip training. I have period cramps" Liv asks and Chase immediately nods. "No, Liv. You were either lying two weeks ago or you are now. If you tell me the actual reason, I'll let you skip it tonight" I say and she just sighs and sits down next to me, hand in her head.

"I just hate wearing my surf clothes around them. I'm so fat and ugly and I hate my body. I just want to fix it" she says, not looking us in the eye. I could tell by her voice she was being serious. "Liv, you look absolutely beautiful the way you are. You're perfect and your body is perfect" I tell her, completely honestly. "It's not though Mom. I hate it" she says.

"You know Liv, I use to be insecure of my body when filming the first season of Outer Banks. I hated it. I use to cry because of how I looked in the crops tops and small clothes" I tell her truthfully. "It's true, Liv. I would catch her in tears looking in mirrors sometimes" Chase adds. "How did you learn to stop thinking that way? I hate it Mom" Liv says. "Your Dad told me the truth" I say.

Truthfully, if it wasn't for Chase showing me love, I wouldn't of overcome the insecurity. "Yeah well I don't have a boyfriend anymore" she tells us and we look at each other confused. Olivia had a boyfriend of 2 years, Noah. They were adorable together. "What happened with Noah?" Chase asks. "I'll not go into detail but we broke up like two weeks ago" she tells us and we just nod, not wanting to upset her more. "We're here if you wanna talk, alright? You can skip surf training tonight but please try to keep going next week? Okay" I say, seriously and she nods. "I love you" I tell her as she walks off indoors.

"Join us Grandma" Mila yells. It still felt strange being called grandma, I was only in my 30s. I decide to join them and soon Addie and Finn join us. As well as Chase. "You coming in Coop?" Chase asks. "I don't see why not" Cooper say and dives in. It felt nice being back together. The only person that was missing was Ellie and Liv who was in her room, like always.

Not long after, Madison gave us a call saying everyone was meeting up at the beach for the evening so we decided to join them. The older ones - Liv, Addie, Finn, Izzy, Charlotte and James were together. Then the younger ones - Sophia, Mila, Henry and Charlie had each other.

@oliviastokes : cousins ❤️@charlottepankow @jamespankow @addiestokes @izzylinney↳ 102 comments@charlottepankow : my best friend ❤️@jamespankow : 🤙🤙🤙@izzylinney : love you liv!@finnstokes : where was i? 🤔@jonaspate : the next generation of pogu...

↳ 102 comments
@charlottepankow : my best friend ❤️
@jamespankow : 🤙🤙🤙
@izzylinney : love you liv!
@finnstokes : where was i? 🤔
@jonaspate : the next generation of pogues??

"Liv are you not sweating?" I ask my daughter who had a black jumper on, it was cropped but still long sleeve and it was the middle of summer. "Nah I'm good Mom" she says smiling, I could tell it was fake but I didn't want to make a scene with everyone but I made a note to talk to her at home. It feels like I'm reliving 2020 with Ellie.

I just wish she would talk to us but she won't. She'll only ever talk to Els.

Hurry home Ellie.