The End? The End..

TW: Gore

We're so close.

So very close.  

We've been running for a while, seems like ages. 

But we reached to biggest demons both me and Shinobu ever accoutered. 

I look over at my side, seeing my beloved Shinobu. "Ready?" 

She nodded her head, "Born ready!" 

And there she went, charging at the demon at full speed. I was catching up to her swaying my sword side to side at the beast legs. It had finally noticed us and began swaying their legs pushing us back. I fell back while Shinobu landed on her legs jumping up to the demons level. 

"Amazing.." I panted out while going back in. 

More slaying was accomplished as we put all of our might into killing this deadly beast. Who could even make such ugly thing..? No offense. 

I look over to see Shinobu getting a bit tired but she fights it back.
 I wonder.. what is her reason for fighting such demons..? 

I try to get closer to her, but the demon keeps pushing us back, as I try slicing their hand. For how deep the cut was I was still no match.. It can regen quickly. 

"H-Hey! Shinobu!" I yell out, "Are you getting tired?!" 

"N-No!! I'm fine! Keep focus!" She says while forms of butterflies starting attacking the demon. 

"..Okay then!" 

We gave in all we could, trying to stuck out everything we could to make it defeat. 

Shinobu was up in the air ready to attack once more but wait.. the demon.. its going to hit her! 

"SHINOBU LOOK OUT!!!"  

"H-Huh?!" 
She looks back at me and.. slam. 

And then... she falls. 
I go numb.. Shinobu. 

I drop everything, trying to reach her. As I wish my luck could get any better she falls.
Down on the hard ground no.. no..!! SHINOBU!!"

I reach down running over to her, getting on my knees as I look down at her. 

"No!! NO SHINOBU!!" 

No.

No.

NO!!! 

I bring her close holding her face with one hand, "Shinobu?! Talk to me!! Shinobu!!" 

Her head slowly began to tilt, her eyes barely staying up. 

"S-Shinobu..?" 

"So.. This is.. the e-end?" 

"No!! You're going to live!!" 

As more minutes passed by more blood came out while the demon getting closer. 

"I don't think so.."

"No shinobu.." 

"L-Leave.. before it hurts you as well." 

"No.. I'm not leaving, if you're dying.. then so am I.." 

And slowly after tears began to fall from both of our redden cheeks. So this really is the end. Everything we did together, everything we thought about doing.. It has no chance anymore. I never even got to marry her. 

I knew being a demon slayer had its cost.. But I never wanted it like this. We did all we could. We gave in everything and tried are very best. My beloved Shinobu. I am so sorry.  We never had the life we could have had together.. If I was more stronger. If I convinced you to take a different turn. We could have lived happily together. But we can't anymore..
Today.. Today is end end for both of us. 

"H-Hey.. Shinobu."
I pull her face in closer, having are foreheads against each other. 

"Y-Yes?"

"I love you.. so much." 

"I lo-.." 

And then.. another slam. 

Then blood.

Leaking. 

Splattered. 

Everywhere. 

And.. that was the end. 

                            ___________________________________________

      well damn- thank you all for reading this story! the ending wasn't planned just an idea to came to mind. i hope you all liked it! And this is the end! Thank you again! I ope you all have a great day<3