Chapter 2: Fate is Beautiful

"Ah, there she is!"
Koji stood up and greeted me with a bow.
"You look lovely," he said and smiled.

My soon-to-be husband was very tall and thin. He was towering over my dad with his short obnoxious black hair, round Rayban eyeglasses, shiny Rolex, and icy smile. He always wore some business suit. He always looked proper. He always was...so cold. I was "asked" to dress in my pink kimono. The one that made me, according to my father, appear like "wife material."

I had arrived home exhausted. Ever since I was a kid, trains have made me dizzy. I sighed and sat next to Koji, then spent half an hour smiling back at the polite comments made about how perfect we looked together. I was trying hard to keep up with the conversation, but my mind soon drifted... to her. Yesterday seemed so distant, so unreal as if meeting her had happened in a dream. Even though I was trying to convince myself I'd never see her again, a little voice in my heart told me that it wasn't over.

"Shiroi-sama* is so beautiful !!!"
"Yes, she truly is!!!"
I excused myself and walked into the other room, where my younger twin sisters were watching TV. Shiroi's intense, sweet eyes, were looking straight into mine through the glass. She was oddly comfortable, considering the hundreds of girls and boys that were screaming her name. 

"Who is that?" I sat in between my sisters, shocked.
"Are you from another planet, *onee-san? And you say you like books!" Yuki teased me." That's Shiroi-sama! She's a famous Greek author that recently moved to Japan!"

_____________________________________

Japanese Honorific Explanation:

* -sama: is how you address someone of great respect
-san: is how you usually address someone
-kun: is how you address a young boy or a guy you are very close with
-chan: how you address a young child / your lover/ a cute way to address someone
-Nyan /tan : cute ways to address someone
*onee-san means older sister.

"Hope that helps."
-N
_____________________________________

"She said she moved here to get inspirdation!" 

"Inspiration stupid!"
"Whatever!"

Their conversation faded in the background as Shiroi smiled sweetly at the crowd. I couldn't take my eyes off the screen. It wasn't a dream! She was really here! She exists! She is... Famous?

"She's beautiful, isn't she onee-san? She looks like *Tenoh-san from Sailor Moon!"
"No, no! She looks like *Sakuma-san from Gravitation."
"Why? His hair is green!"
"Well, she looks like Sakuma-san with white hair!" 

"She's an author! More like Yuki Eiri!!!!"
"But she's a girl!"
"That's why I said she looks like Tenoh Haruka!" Yuki rolled her eyes and threw a pillow straight at Riko's face.

"I want to inform all of the people in Osaka that I will be arriving tomorrow at 3:00 PM to sign my new book at the Akihabara book store."

I sunk into the couch, my heart pounding fast and hard against my chest.

"CAN WE GO SEE HER?!" My sisters screamed at the same time.

I looked at them confused and smiled.
"Since when do you like adult books?"
"We don't!" They replied. "But we like Shiroi-sama!"

I laughed and looked back at the screen. Shiroi was now signing autographs. A feeling of excitement filled my chest as I agreed to take them to the bookshop. They kissed my cheeks and ran out of the room screaming.

Shiroi. I'll see you tomorrow.
Right?
_____________________________________

* Name's of Anime/Manga characters. Anime/Manga are very popular in Japan.
_____________________________________

Excerpt from a local newspaper
Q: Mr. Yamato. Do you remember Michiru? The famous painter?

A: "Yeh! I remember her alright. She'd always come to my bookstore and buy the latest books! I have not seen her in 20 years. Whatever happened to her?

Q: When was the last time you saw her?

A: Hmm... I believe that was when that Greek white-haired author was signing books at this very same bookstore. Thinking of it... That author also kinda disappeared. She published her last book 20 years ago. That's a weird coincidence, isn't it?"
_____________________________________

Message from the author:

I can't believe that Shiroi has 90+ reads 😭 Are you enjoying the story so far? Feel free to reach out on my socials and let me know. I love hearing from you! My username is @nohugsband everywhere but you can also check out www.direct.me/nohugsband. Also, Wattpad is asking me to ask you to vote 🤔💭 I'm not sure how or why, but if you do, I'd really appreciate it.

Did you know I speak fluent Japanese, but I'm actually from Cyprus?  If you have any questions on the Japanese used in this story feel free to ask me! 

Also, I'm stitching a photo of a homemade soba recipe I made!!! But DON'T tell anyone else I cook. I don't like it when people ask me to cook for them 😒 It's such a drag.

See you next Saturday for Chapter 3!!!
-Narcie

See you next Saturday for Chapter 3!!!-Narcie