Chapter 38

Zara
________________________

A while later, I was left alone with my half finished margarita, and Jimin finally walked over again with a sad smile on his face.
"A-are you ready to leave?"

"Yep." I stood up and followed him out to my car. The other two decided to get rides back from Hoseok instead as they lived in the same area.

Jimin cleared his throat, "I'll drive."
I paused before gasping and putting my hands up in front of me to stop him.

"What?"

"Do you know how expensive my car is?! Do you even know how to drive?"
"Obviously? I've been driving since I was 16."
"You scratched up your car quite a bit back then."
"On purpose."
"I don't even think— wait, what? On purpose? Is that a joke?"
"I did it with a sanding machine. To look cool."

I dropped my arms, and my jaw dropped with it.
"Jimin..." I gulped, "don't mind the question but, are you stupid? Like, actually?"

Jimin's face twisted in indignation and he stuttered, "It-the scratches were symmetrical. How did you not notice?"
"You're a bit stupid, aren't you? Like I feel like your IQ is at a 120 max. You definitely didn't have more than a 3.0 gpa in college, did you?"

Jimin clutched his chest, "I'm obviously not stupid! Why are you attacking me! I'm a good driver!"

I rolled my eyes and tossed him my car keys. "If you mess up even once," I stared him down mercilessly, "I will kick you out of my apartment. And burn your favorite suit."

He gasped and grumbled quietly. As we settled into the car he remarked, "My car is sexier than yours. Namjoon showed me. Yours looks kinda boring."

"You're a celebrity and I'm on a corporate salary." I responded.

"You're a billionaire's daughter. Hm. Yea my model is quite a bit more expensive."

"What the— You want a certificate? Or do you want a race car bed to celebrate your car?" I huffed as he started the car. I eyed him nervously to make sure he knew how the controls and everything worked.

"Geez, so much attitude," He mumbled.

"Then why'd you kiss me, weirdo?"

Jimin slammed on the brakes a couple seconds after he even started driving, and the two of us awkwardly looked ahead, not daring to look at each other.

"I..."
"You didn't mean to?" I asked.

"Y-No, I just... it was..."
"An accident? Mistake?" I prodded again, feeling bolder.

"It was impulsive of me," he completed his sentence.

I clicked my tongue, "Obviously."
For some reason the whole situation was irritating me. I folded my arms and felt my eyes moisten.

"I didn't make a mistake. I mean yeah, it was impulsive and I shouldn't have... I'm trying to say- you're dear to me."

That was it. I felt my eyes tear up and quickly covered my face with my hands. A short sob almost escaped me, and I struggled to maintain whatever composure I could. Jimin kept quiet and drove, and I let the lull of the drive settle me down.

"I don't like Sam Ahn romantically, you know," I said after a bit, calming down and looking at him. His eyes widened and he smiled the faintest smile.
He reached down and turned on the car radio. It was tuned to the news. He rolled his eyes and quickly changed it to a music station. He hummed along to whatever top 20 song was playing the rest of the way.