Good News for me?

Jimin was the son of one of the wealthiest men in Korea, but he was also the kind who could not give anyone a cheque without feeling physical pain. So he had waited until he got one more month's interest from the bank. Naturally, he had not told this to Mr. Billimoria, the owner of the beautiful old bungalow that he was in the process of buying.

But Mr. Billimoria had guessed. He had called up every day after the last date to ask when the cheque would be ready. It has been Mr. Kim Taehyung's duty to tell Mr. Billimoria that the cheque would be ready the next day. And the next. And the next.

This was embarrassing, but was also normal. Although Taehyung worked for the son of one of the richest men in the country, Jimin's rule was: One more month in my account. So Taehyung spent most of his workday telling people that the cheque would be coming the next day. No one believed him, but he said it anyway and listened to their abuse and sly digs at his accent and to their sarcastic responses; and he went on working.

Mr. Billimoria was different. He had not shouted. He had not mocked. He always started the conversation with, "How are you Mr. Kim?"

Taehyung would say that he was well.

Next he would ask: "Ms. Choi or should i say your fiancé, is she well?"

After that, "Quite hot, isn't it?"

To which Taehyung would say, "Humidity is also too much."

And only when these pleasantries were over would Mr. Billimoria ask, "So is there any good news for me, Mr. Kim?"

At first, Taehyung had said, "Tomorrow, Mr. Billimoria, tomorrow." But he felt that he could not do this to someone who was unfailingly polite., so he had started saying, "I am so sorry, Mr. Billimoria."

And then Mr. Billimoria would say, "Thank You for your time, Mr. Kim."

Until, finally, one day Jimin signed the cheque and handed it over to Taehyung as if he were doing his accountant a favour.

"Call up that old fool," Jimin said.

"That's just his way," Taehyung said to himself.

"And remind him to collect his cheque."

"Just his way," Taehyung said to himself, doggedly.

"Let's finish this off."

"His way...his way...his way," Taehyung mumbled to himself as he went back to his desk. 

He called Mr. Billimoria.

"Hello," said a quiet and beautiful voice on the other side of the phone line. It was such a quiet and beautiful voice; it could only be a quiet and beautiful woman speaking. But to be frank, Y/N's voice, when she speaks, is like an angel singing.

"May I speak to Mr. Billimoria, please?"

"Certainly," said the lady. "Merwanji..." she called.

"Thank you, Mother," said Mr. Billimoria.

Then he spoke into the phone.

"How are you, Mr. Billimoria?" asked Taehyung.

"Is that Mr. Kim?" asked Mr. Billimoria.