Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

“This town is so small,” James said as he picked up a six pack of beer. 

We were in the store picking up stuff for a picnic after failing to consume anything except each other at the restaurant. 

“I like it,” I paused then put my hand on his arm. He stopped moving down the aisle and glanced back at me. 

“What?” he asked. 

“How are you planning on buying that beer? The cashier right now isn’t a wolf,” I reminded him. I wasn’t sure, but I think most of his town consists of pack members. 

He chuckled, “Baby, I’m twenty-two.”

“What?!” I asked. 

“Yep, why? How old are you?” he tilted his head and we continued down the aisle towards the deli. 

“Eighteen,” I elbowed him playfully, “Barely legal.”

He laughed and was about to swoop in to kiss me when I heard probably my worst nightmare from the next aisle. I pushed James away from me and he went diving into the shelf, knocking boxes of mac and cheese to the floor. 

“Ow, what the—”

“Belly!” Todd came running down the aisle and wrapped his arms around me, spinning me around. 

“Hey, Todd,” I nervously pushed him away, but he pecked me on the lips as I pulled away. 

A growl emitted from James. Shit. 

Todd glanced over my shoulder at him. “Um, who’s this?”

________________________________________________________________________

This chapter is shorter than short, but I wanted to leave it like that. Sorry. I'll update soon.

Tell me what you think will happen next.